Quote Originally Posted by blasterman View Post
Just a follow-up on this, but I've currently switched over to entirely DIY fog fluid for my combustion foggers, and my results are better than any commercial fog juice. No sense bothering to dilute commercial fog juice when I can make it for cheaper. I use food grade glycerin which costs about $20 a gallon, and dilute it with distilled water at either 1:8 or 1:16 depending on desired density. Usually I'm running 1:16 for a density more akin to thick haze. In all three of my foggers of different types the glycerin mix works better than any commercial fog fluid. Tends to hang a bit more uniform than commercial stuff, but the biggest frikken difference is there's no smell. Commercial fog fluid has a subtle rubbery / alcohol smell if you sniff it in the jug, and we all know it smells when run through a combustion fogger far more than haze. Originally I thought the commercial stuff was based on glycerin, but doing further research they are more likely to be based on glycols, which are similiar to glycerin but stink when run through a fogger as we all know. Glycerin mixes however have zero odor and in my experience work better - and is FAR cheaper than commercial fog fluid. I used a hydrometer to initially match the density of my commercial fluid, and tweaked it from there. Not sure what's used in water based haze fluid, although the one jug I bought for my broken Haze 2s smelled just like regular fog fluid. With 20,000sq feet to fill twice a week my own brew is working perfectly and cheaply.

If I was to use the DIY solution in the Haze2d, what would you recommend for the ratio?