Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Did something not recommended by the forum..

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Just an update.. All lights are working fine, but are pretty much useless in Stand-Alone and must be DMX.. I can not get them to stay one color.. They do it for about 30 seconds, and then start flashing through all the colors.
    That's funny. I have four knock offs which worked the opposite. Stand alone mode fine, dmx mode useless if you daisy chained.
    http://clairglobal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Another weird update..

These lights are such a pain in the ass, they actually are bright and work well, but they are so finicky.

3 out of 5 of my lights have switched the Green and the Blue mode.. Meaning, when I go to turn up the Blue all the way on DMX (Channel 3) it turns up the Green all of the way...
    Lol! That's kind of important!

So in your honest opinion, would it have been better to go with a name brand equivalent (even though slightly less in wattage) or are you totally content with the money you saved on the direct-from-China units?
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Coming from someone who buys off-brand gear occasionally, I just bought 20 legit Blizzard Q6As and am very happy. I had some issues with my direct from China experience and if you ever go to sell them... The resell value is TRASH.

On a side note, I just redid a clubs lighting and had to pull all 14 of their high powered LED pars (puck 3 knockoffs) because 1/3 were dead when I arrived and the owner said they were dropping like flies. I got $50 each for the working ones. I replaced their 9 working LED pars with 4 chauvet colorstrips. The result is a far underlit stage but even coverage. It cost the owner nothing since the old gear sold to payoff the colorstrips and he couldn't be happier that he now has gear that works!

I'd personally stick to the 9mm LEDs if you are buying from china. Less crap that can go wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    So in your honest opinion, would it have been better to go with a name brand equivalent (even though slightly less in wattage) or are you totally content with the money you saved on the direct-from-China units?
    I probably would have rather bought a brand name. These things were so cheap though, I don't really regret buying them. I have used them for lighting up tall palm trees that my other pars could have never done, or washing an entire wall. If you had a party and just wanted bright flashing random colors without DMX, they are excellent.

Only thing is I can't manually adjust them in manual mode to get the perfect color.. There are like 8 colors I can choose from, but not every par gets the same colors and some will have repeat colors (ex. Red, Less Red, Red, dim blue, dim amber, bright cyan, medium-green) - I can't figure out how to change the colors in the color bank! It's like they are all random and I can't change them.