Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did something not recommended by the forum..

Did something not recommended by the forum..

I bought some cheap chinese knock-off LED pars! It was a buy it now for $640, so I did $500 offer. I really did not think I was going to get them, but I did. I'm not expecting anything crazy, and don't expect the build quality to be exceptional, they look almost identical the Eternal Lighting Pucks. Let's see how many on dead on arrival. I know it's a gamble, and sending them back might cost and arm and a leg, but I decided to take the gamble.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300458482845...ht_2109wt_1185

I'll give a review of them when I receive them, and I'll compare them to my Chauvet LED 200b pars.

They'll probably be fine. I know several people who have bough cheap chinese know-offs of the Chauvet Color Splash Jr and used them as truss warmers and they've been going strong for years. I'm not really against the cheap chinese led stuff, its the chinese movers I'm not thrilled with. Let us know what you think when you get them!

Knock off LED pars are the only knock offs Id ever buy, because there fairly easy to fix if you know a bit about electrical

Yeah, I bought chinese knockoffs of the pucks and they're fine.

Puck's arn't to bad, There's not much that can go wrong with them as apposed to a moving head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tektonix View Post
    Puck's arn't to bad, There's not much that can go wrong with them as apposed to a moving head.
    Yeah, that's a big reason why I went with them. I'd never do a moving head. Hopefully they are somewhat efficient LEDs. I'll check with my Kill-A-Watt meter if they are putting out 90 watts.

With a $150 shipping costs, you should have offered $350. THey're knockoffs of Chinese made lights... that's a double whammy for cheap. Good luck with the quality. You're stuck like Chuck if they don't work well.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

I bought a bunch of knock-off Blizzard pucks and they are identical to my real Blizzard pucks. Furthermore, they are completely compatible for DMXing.

Quote Originally Posted by electricsmooth View Post
    I bought a bunch of knock-off Blizzard pucks and they are identical to my real Blizzard pucks. Furthermore, they are completely compatible for DMXing.
    That's a good thing.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    With a $150 shipping costs, you should have offered $350. THey're knockoffs of Chinese made lights... that's a double whammy for cheap. Good luck with the quality. You're stuck like Chuck if they don't work well.
    They were listed for $650, I offered $500. I still don't think it's a bad deal. Similar Blizzard/Eternal pucks are about $250-300 each. That's well under 50% of the name brand.