Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CDJ-2000 Nexus - First Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
    change play mode from 'continuous' to 'single' in your rekordbox export preferences or the utility menu on the players....
    This sounds more what I'm looking for. I'll give it a try, thanks!
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Hello!

I have some questions about CDJ-2000 Nexus

1) Does it come with country-customised power unit ? I mean, 110 v for items sold in the USA, and 220 v for items sold in Europe ?
    Or it has a 110\220 power unit, which can work anywhere.

2) Can 'wireless' be turned off on the unit ?
    I just do not want the unit to produce any radiowaves when I only play CDs. Also I do not want anyone trying to hack the unit remotely =)

3) I have never played on CDJ-900, but I've read complains that it loads tracks from Audio CD more slowly then other Pioneer CDJs.
    Have anyone been displeased with such behaviour of his Nexus unit ?

4) Are there any notable BUGS in the unit now, which do annoy you much ?
    I'm going to start using the unit by playing from disks (Audio CD, MP3 CD) and USB, going to use Loop functions
    I do not have any Apple stuff, so not a problem for me if any issues with that... Will use Windows XP\Vista\7 computers to connect the unit

1. I believe they are set based on where you purchase the unit
    2. there is no built in wireless, it needs to be added if you want to use that feature via a wireless router or access point
    3. never had an issue with cd's
    4. decks were buggy but the latest 1.06 update took care of a lot, now it's just some menu issues and very minor bugs, nothing big though, they are finally great decks, Have owned them since day of release so let me know if you have any further questions

1. Not that I know of, the 2000's weren't multi-voltage, I don't think the Nexus's are either. Specs show either 120V OR 240V depending on if you look at Europe vs. US sites. They did switch the power cords to use the standard PC style power cords (like the DJM's use).

2. There is no wireless on the CDJ-2000 Nexus's. In order to use the "wireless features" they advertise, you need to hook into an existing network via ethernet, and bridge to WiFi using an access point (usually built into your router).

3. They do load the waveforms really slowly from Audio CD's. I think they render at a higher quality than the old CDJ-1000's/800's, but it's definitely SLOW especially given the technology at hand. Of course if you use USB/SD cards with rekordbox analyzed files, the waveforms load instantly.

4. I don't notice any bugs, but I think there are some remaining issues for some.
    "Oooh look at me.... I wrote the Internet!"

brichi , Ryan Ruel - thank you for your explanations!

1) 'They do load the waveforms really slowly from Audio CD's' - have you noticed, what is the avarage time to build a waveform for a 4 minutes track ? For 6 minutes track ?
    For the 1st track on the CD ? For the last track on CD ?
    If you have made such tests \ observations - please share your results.

2) If I want to start playing a track immediately, is there a button to cancel the waveform ? Some quick on/off button like for 'vinyl mode' and 'master tempo' ?

3) Did I get it right, that the unit can play WAV/AIFF (and MP3) from all possible sources - CD-ROMs, DVDs, USB (flash or external hard drive) ?

4) Can the unit play audio (PCM or AC-3) from DVD-Video disks (such as music video compilations on DVD) ?

5) What audio outputs are available ? RCA Line out ? SPDIF ?

6) Can the unit play Serato control CDs (and control Serato Scratch Live) ?

7) If it's forbidden in forums, maybe in a private message you can tell the cheapest (and safe) places to order European (220 v) versions with worldwide shipping ? For example, are there any cheap shops in Finland ?

Comments inline.

1) 'They do load the waveforms really slowly from Audio CD's' - have you noticed, what is the avarage time to build a waveform for a 4 minutes track ? For 6 minutes track ?
    For the 1st track on the CD ? For the last track on CD ?
    If you have made such tests \ observations - please share your results.

I would say in the 30s-60s range.

2) If I want to start playing a track immediately, is there a button to cancel the waveform ? Some quick on/off button like for 'vinyl mode' and 'master tempo' ?

You don't need to cancel the waveform building, you can start playing the track immediately, it builds the waveform in the backgroud.

3) Did I get it right, that the unit can play WAV/AIFF (and MP3) from all possible sources - CD-ROMs, DVDs, USB (flash or external hard drive) ?

Yup.

4) Can the unit play audio (PCM or AC-3) from DVD-Video disks (such as music video compilations on DVD) ?

Nope.

5) What audio outputs are available ? RCA Line out ? SPDIF ?

Yup.

Absolutely (you can even rip timecode and play it off a USB/SD card). Of course even better is that you can use HID mode with USB to control Serato and Traktor directly, without any timecode (though sometimes you might want to use timecode).

Absolutely (you can even rip timecode and play it off a USB/SD card). Of course even better is that you can use HID mode with USB to control Serato and Traktor directly, without any timecode (though sometimes you might want to use timecode).
    only thing thats wrong here is serato is not supported via HID yet on the nexus decks, timecode signal will be needed for now, you can rip the cd to a flash drive or download the wave right from the serato site

also, I use cd's at times and the waveform loads a lot quicker then 30 seconds on about 5-6 minute tracks

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    only thing thats wrong here is serato is not supported via HID yet on the nexus decks, timecode signal will be needed for now, you can rip the cd to a flash drive or download the wave right from the serato site

also, I use cd's at times and the waveform loads a lot quicker then 30 seconds on about 5-6 minute tracks
    Wow, it's still not supported? Stinky!

I don't know, I had a friend over who was playing on CD's, it seemed to take forever to load the waveforms. This is of course for new tracks... once they are analyzed the player will store the waveform like on the old CDJ's, correct?

yup, people are complaining, still not supported

the wave will save if you have a usb drive plugged in or sd card. Was it a real audio cd or did he have mp3's on a cd, mp3's on a cd will take longer to build, the regular audio cd goes pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    yup, people are complaining, still not supported

the wave will save if you have a usb drive plugged in or sd card. Was it a real audio cd or did he have mp3's on a cd, mp3's on a cd will take longer to build, the regular audio cd goes pretty fast
    I don't know actually. It may very well have been MP3 files on a CD/DVD.