Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why there's about to be a big scene shift in semi-underground electronic music

Quote Originally Posted by Estacy View Post
    I want to get dyamics and good sound back in clubs, I'm an advocate of good sounding music. a well mixed track is a pleasure to listen to, but I find that in genres like Deep House, this is already the case. so it does depend on genres. But nice, deep bass that gets your hair moving is something that more tracks ought to have
    Most sound systems are utter CRAP. Would make no difference how people produce or whether you use WAV files in 99% of nightclub situations.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkleen View Post
    Most sound systems are utter CRAP. Would make no difference how people produce or whether you use WAV files in 99% of nightclub situations.
    Seconded.
    Find it. Keep it. Work it. Share it.
    Less Talking. More Dancing.
    Yeah, I were Burger Daddy in V 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    U.S. club scene?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdzzle View Post
    Yes, the US club scene
    Indeed. The era of David Guetta, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Neptunes/Farrel Williams, etc. etc. mainstream-pop-into-4x4-dance-music. It's been going on awhile now, but with the more mass adoption of "the DJ," the glam that goes with the "scene" and the over hype of super party places like Vegas & Ibiza, it's become forefront for "to be seen" with or as a DJ in one of these super expensive places. This is more a US thing, and I think Europe has matured beyond this towards the end of the 90s or sooner.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell | "Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Still think there is a weird obsession with bass... there are more important aspects of music imo. Rage against the machine, now their stuff was pretty loud back in the day, and their bass player rocked it hard (should prob know his name...). But still, it wasn't exactly blasting out sub freq's that made subs blow. Or maybe subs still blew ha. I guess I'm saying what other people already said above. Trends come and go, and I guess mixing for bass is a trend now (or was before....?), but it wouldn't bother me if in the engineers in the studio stop mixing with bass as the focal point for tracks.

Obv there are a bunch of tracks where that's not the case, but my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Hygro View Post
    Thanks, man

and LMAO who the hell edited my title? My original was more accurate... if less "poetic".
    No one edited it. I assume it's supposed to say "shift?" I can change it for you.

go back to the sound of the 80s the sound of the real house

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    go back to the sound of the 80s the sound of the real house
    And the sound of REAL electro. Not the electro-house-fidget-house shit that I hear everywhere.

Notice how all the popular "club hits" are the CHEEZYEST of whatever genre they fall into? That the real undergound go's unnoticed to 95% of people into "electronic music"?

I don't buy anything that has no dynamic range. Thankfully, you can only cut grooves so wide in vinyl.

And these day, even a crappy sound rig will hit below 50Hz. Just 20 years ago that was a far cry and huge horn subs.

Technology has come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    I dont't think its anything more than the same thing that happened to trance and progressive 10 years ago. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Trends come and go in dance music, but it always goes back to it's one constant. Straight up House music.
    ^Nice...........and whats Dubstep?

Quote Originally Posted by DjZzeless View Post
    ^Nice...........and whats Dubstep?
    If your ear's been to the ground, you'll notice that a large percentage of dubstep producers/djs of note have been steadily going back to house music

Take this, written by David Kennedy (Ramadanman/Pearson Sound/Maurice Donovan) and released on Untold's new label, for example...

Or this, a straight up classic house track, on Numbers (yes, a dubstep label).

Or this, a collab by Joy Orbison and Boddika (one half of Instra:Mental), released on Loefah's label...

Last edited by RDRCK; 02-14-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Find it. Keep it. Work it. Share it.
    Less Talking. More Dancing.
    Yeah, I were Burger Daddy in V 1.0