Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why there's about to be a big scene shift in semi-underground electronic music

Yeah I feel like Electro hit its peak like 3-4 years ago and what was considered "new" is just a garbage blender of the same synths and one shots in the present day. The kids who like actual musical talent are regressing more into deep house (which used to be considered house) and indie dance to stray away from the masses and listen to productions that have quality production in them. Not mention just go somewhere where you can enjoy yourself without being next to 150,000 people squished together.

My prediction is massive mid synthy dubstep hit its peak at the "1st of the year" ( haha get it ) and will fade, fizzle and pop into oblivion by the end of next year. Leaving the more classic low synth dub step to grab a hold of the scene after that. As far as what will be popular... I think it is all going to Big Room House.

return of the BigBeat, one can always hope

But I have a feeling it will be closer to what l0ckdown said, something melodic, Ive always had this inkling feeling that more melodic trance-ish type stuff was going to have a come back some time in the near future.

Won't happen. Here's why. Shitstep and Shitectrohau5 producers aren't smart enough to find their arseholes on a golf course, let alone produce with a modicum of feeling or soul.

I honestly have no idea what the next big thing will be. I do know that all the brosteppers have now picked up on the Night Slugs, Hessle, Hotflush, UK Funky, Numbers, Percussive type sound. Perhaps this is the next thing we'll have on the Radio (with Rihan$hatney vocals over the top, of course) and in the top 40 clubs
    Last edited by RDRCK; 02-14-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Find it. Keep it. Work it. Share it.
    Less Talking. More Dancing.
    Yeah, I were Burger Daddy in V 1.0

This always happens about every 5 years. A new kind of sound comes in and becomes popular. Then something more innovative comes along and replaces that. I remember back around 2006-2007 when electro house had a nice rock and roll feel to it with Justice, MSTRKRFT, Digitalism, Soulwax, etc. and now that sound is not as big anymore and has gotten replaced by a more big room sound with folks like Swanky Tunes, Hard Rock Sofa, R3hab, etc.

So I agree, we are due for a new kind of sound.

Yes please, New sound would be nice. Everything sounds like toulouse and antidote....its like fail TB-303 shit D: I want everything to sound like knife party and chrizz luvly again....bring back the bass heavy wet filthy electroooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tektonix View Post
    Yes please, New sound would be nice. Everything sounds like toulouse and antidote....its like fail TB-303 shit D: I want everything to sound like knife party and chrizz luvly again....bring back the bass heavy wet filthy electroooo!!!!
    That would be great. Antidote is one of my favorites, that sound would be very welcome to my ears.

mind = blown

What is this subjective bullshit on my DJF?
    “When art critics get together they talk about Form and Structure and Meaning. When artists get together they talk about where you can buy cheap turpentine.” - Pablo Picasso

I want to get dyamics and good sound back in clubs, I'm an advocate of good sounding music. a well mixed track is a pleasure to listen to, but I find that in genres like Deep House, this is already the case. so it does depend on genres. But nice, deep bass that gets your hair moving is something that more tracks ought to have
    'George Clinton meeting Kraftwerk in an elevator'

If it doesn't have any bass, then why the hell are any of you playing it?

If its got no bass its not getting within 5 miles of my turntables.

The simple solution would be just for DJs to be a little bit more discerning with the standard of music they play, but I guess that's too much to ask these days.