Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread for South African DJ's

Hybrid View

Thread for South African DJ's

DJF is FINALLY back online

We all have to re-register though.

Okay well since no-one has created this thread yet, I decided to do it.

------------------------------

This thread is specifically created for South African DJ's!!

Come say hi!

I'll start:

Hi my name is Quentin Grundlingh (DJ name: Quentin Legend) and I'm 17 years old.

I started doing parties early in 2011 and then moved on to some weddings, currently I'm in a "DJ Partnership" with one of my DJ friends and we should be doing weddings and other functions together in the next month or so.

I live in Bela-Bela (Limpopo) but we will be doing gigs in Pretoria/Johannesburg starting sometime in April

As a "Mobile DJ" we mostly play Top 40 at (most) parties but Dubstep has started to become increasingly popular.

I do prefer Electronic/Dance as a genre though.

--------------

So there's some info about me, share yours?

Quentin Legend

I was born in SA, but dont live there anymore. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    I was born in SA, but dont live there anymore. Does that count?
    Yes, ofcource.

Good to see your also back dude

Anyone can post, just thought the thread would make it easier for SA DJ's to find other SA DJ's on the forum.

Can you maybe remember who that other SA chick was who created this thread on the original DJF? (Dubchick or something, can't remember)

yeash, shes on my fb. i will send her a link to this.

I posted on her wall earlier today, hopefully she re-registers.

Hey hey Boys!!!! I am back!

Missed you all?

So whats everybody been up 2?

Welcome back!

Doing 2 Diploma's this year (Marketing and Business Consultancy) and thinking of moving up to Durban with my DJ partner @ the end of the year.

Since the forums went down I've done my first big wedding in PTA was awesome!

What have you been up to?

Howzit guys!

Good to see this thread's up and running again.

Well since the last time we spoke, I've qualified from university, started work and will finally be getting my first dj setup in the next month or so! Can't fuckin wait. The sad reality of our overpriced equipment in SA is kicking in though

Quote Originally Posted by bnr View Post
    Howzit guys!

Good to see this thread's up and running again.

Well since the last time we spoke, I've qualified from university, started work and will finally be getting my first dj setup in the next month or so! Can't fuckin wait. The sad reality of our overpriced equipment in SA is kicking in though
    Congrats on the achievement!!

What gear are you planning on buying?

All 4 of our 800W Hybrid speakers blew (after a few years of use) so now we've got 2x JBL EON 515XT's on the way (Link)

I see you live in Durban, hows the DJ'ing scene over there?

My DJ partner's father lives there and he's done gigs for bars and some clubs every December holiday for the last 3 years, I've done some research and looks like the competition for mobile DJ's are pretty hectic with guys like TheWeddingDJ.co.za around?

---------------
    Quentin Legend
    www.infinitysoundz.co.za
    Last edited by Quentin Legend; 03-10-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin Legend View Post
    Congrats on the achievement!!

What gear are you planning on buying?

All 4 of our 800W Hybrid speakers blew (after a few years of use) so now we've got 2x JBL EON 515XT's on the way (Link)

I see you live in Durban, hows the DJ'ing scene over there?

My DJ partner's father lives there and he's done gigs for bars and some clubs every December holiday for the last 3 years, I've done some research and looks like the competition for mobile DJ's are pretty hectic with guys like TheWeddingDJ.co.za around?

---------------
    Quentin Legend
    www.infinitysoundz.co.za
    Im gonna get a ddj t1 to start out on and then upgrade to cdj 900s next year probably. I wanted to get cdjs straight away but i really don't have space for a big setup at the moment so im going the midi controller route for now.

Tbh i really dont know much about the mobile dj scene here in durban. I know a few djs but they arent really involved in the mobile scene.