Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dlove's 7 steps to the warm-up

Good post, combined wit the ra article this seems to be a key issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DougMore View Post
    One shot of Canadian Club an hour before the show usually calms you down....take two if you're a big lad
    That's a fine T-Shirt quote, sir!
    mixcloud.com/daveoj • about.me/daveoj • @daveoj

Quote Originally Posted by Friction View Post
    Good post, combined wit the ra article this seems to be a key issue.
    Someone said earlier about doing the warm-up to eventually get the headline slot, and I was just going to let that go, but I thought when I read it 'nah, you don't do the warm-up in order to get a headline, you do the warm-up to provide a solid base for the headline to launch from'. The warm-up isn't a stepping stone to headline, because it's not about 'you', it's about you providing the atmosphere for the headline to take over.

So does this list still hold up, dlove?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    So does this list still hold up, dlove?
    ha, I would say yes, apart from the 'street-speak' delivery, everything holds up here

Nowadays I would add 'know how to plug things in properly' too, as I've been shocked in the last couple of years just how ignorant some people can be when it comes to setting up and maintaining the gear they are to be working on. As the warm-up, you should be the person taking the next DJ through what's going-on with the soundsystem, so it's important to know how it works, what cables go where, and what each knob does on the main mixing desk/amp.

I suppose it's like handing-over a car to the next driver; it's good to get a low-down on the equipment, how it's performing, any quirks ect.