Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone used the DJM900 Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    and sound quality is a lot better
    Isn't it the same?

no, according to Pio spec sheets, the djm2000 and 900 have overall improved sound quality over the previous mixers

from the 2000 and 900

By utilizing balanced hybrid op-amp and a perfectly balanced output circuit in the analog processing stage, Pioneer managed to significantly decrease induced noise resulting in a dynamic range of 107dB with 0.004% THD for an extremely clean and powerful sound.

Sound Quality Design –The DJM-900nexus is equipped with the same audio input and output circuits as Pioneer's flagship DJM-2000 to achieve the most accurate audio reproduction from connected sources. The 32-bit digital to analog converter supports all outputs of the mixer, including the master audio outputs, booth outputs as well as headphones. Additionally, the built-in high performance 32-bit digital signal processor (DSP) suppresses any digital and analog circuit noise by way of high quality balanced hybrid operation amps and full balanced output circuits.
    Last edited by brichi; 02-16-2012 at 07:20 AM.

…which puts it on par with most budget sound cards. I love how their marketing decided that adding "perfectly" to something the name of something that's hard to screw up and mentioning words that are standard practice and that no one else bothers to care about…they have people quoting their literature on forums. As far as marketing goes, that's winning.

Also, if the converters are 32-bit float…it should have a hell of a lot more than 107dB of dynamic range. Like…a lot more. It doesn't matter, but still. Compared to its internal representation, that's either a really loud noise floor or a lot of headroom built in to try and compensate for moronic DJs who don't know how too run a mixer.

Anyway, they're definitely "good enough," but don't think they sound amazing. They don't. I'm not convinced any DJ mixer really sounds amazing.

I should also probably say that I just don't like Pioneer mixers. I can spin on them. They're fine. But I'd never buy one. I think they're overpriced crap assembled by monkies. The 900 is the first one that doesn't feel like a toy compared to similarly priced mixers.
    Last edited by mostapha; 02-16-2012 at 02:25 PM.

sounds great to me, as did the 800, but neither of them compare to the sound of the original Urei or Bozak so I will take what they offer at this point since both of my original mixers are gone, For the price, the 800/900 and great mixers in my opinion. I love the A&H mixers also, but I think the DB4 was a little high and cramped looking plus I really wanted the rotary kit and not the what the DB4 calls a rotary by letting the wet/dry knobs be your volume, lol
    Last edited by brichi; 02-16-2012 at 02:45 PM.

My mate at MOS said sound quality is on par with the X92 now.

Thanks for feedback guys, wanted to get a few more opinions. Probably be a few months before I can afford to get one, I've got my holidays to get out of the way first.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Anyone using this with TSP and timecode for turntables with the internal soundcard? I read in the pioneer forums and some other forums that there were problems with latency among other issues. Can anyone chime in with a decent review? I was thinking about picking one up to eliminate bringing an Audio 8 with me.