Thread: Complet Beginner

Complet Beginner

Im a complete beginner to this, i dont have any kit or anything yet. Im looking for something good to get started on, so far i've been looking at the Numark2go and the Gemini firstmix pro. Can anybody reccomend anything else or let me know if either of these two are decent to begin with. It would be a massive help, theres just to much to choose from!
    Cheers

do you plan on mostly using software or are you trying to go the CDJ/Vinyl route? If you're gonna try and use software, I suggest before you buy anything, download the demo software, mix on that just using your computer for awhile. After awhile of mixing like that, you'll be in a lot better shape to pick out harware that fits you, instead of dropping money on some hardware that isnt really you're style or wishing you had bought something else that you like better now that you had a little experience under your belt. Basically anything you can do on a controller or whatever you can map to your keyboard (yea it kinda sux not having faders or knobs, but for a beginner just getting their feet wet it's not neccessary)

And what are you getting into DJing for? Mobile, bedroom, club, ......?????
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php