Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts of the Pioneer DJM-500?

Any thoughts of the Pioneer DJM-500?

I need a mixer and I'm thinking about picking up a used DJM-500. Any thoughts on this mixer? I've also been presented with a good deal on a used Vestax PMC-07. Should I pick that instead? I know these are two completely different mixers...All help is appreciated. Thanks!
    "If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." -Benjamin Franklin

It would help if you said what the asking price for those mixers is, what your budget is and what features you need / what style you mix.

The DJM 500 has a pretty poor reputation and personally I'd buy a basic two-channel mixer before I bought a 500. The PMC 07 is a classic scratch mixer, which means it was originally well built but may have been subjected to the abuses of a scratch DJ (no offence intended to scratch DJs).
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

Thanks for the advice
    My budget is about $300. I'm more into mixing than I am into scratching.
    "If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." -Benjamin Franklin

This may sound crazy to you, but the Behringer DDM 4000 is way better and you can get it new.
    2X SL-1210M5G, Ecler EVO5

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Behringer products and I'd get the DDM 4k before I get DJM500.

the DJM 500 was the first effects mixer, and by todays standards its a POS. any effect mixer today (with the exception of the Behringer DJX 750) will be better than the Pioneer, also in terms of sound and build quality
    'George Clinton meeting Kraftwerk in an elevator'

I would pick up a Pioneer DJM-400. I have two that I play out with and it's really great. 90% of the time you won't have much of a use for a 4-channel DJ mixer. This two-channel mixer has the basic effects you want, is great for mixing (I podcast with it every week) and has the Pioneer name you're looking for. It's also in your price range, probably $300-$400

Everything on the market is better than DJM500. That's a horrible mixer.

I find my 600 great for mixing,effects are cool (although i dont use them much) and it produces a nice sound,well to my ears anyway,faders are nice and smooth but it is terrible for scratching.

pmco7 is alot better for scratching but i dont like the sound for mixing as much,i got my 600 VERY cheep and im glad i did may not be the best but for the price im very happy.

Ive never used the 500 or even seen it but if its cheep and anything like the 600 then i would say its not bad at all.
    Last edited by syks; 09-12-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    2x str8 150... 2x qbert ortofon....1x djm 600....1x stanton sk2f ltd ed with innofader

that's not true, i just got a DJM 500 it sounds amazing, i had a 900 nexus and a DJM 600, and i like this one best . the nexus had better mid's of course but i like how the bass is on the 12db mixer's , that kid went and bought a djm 400 instead of a 500 cause of your bad information