Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TRAP *** Van Halen "Jump" TRAP remix

I'll be honest.

I'm in a competition this weekend and looking for that first 'hype' intro song to use and as I was only known for my AC/DC intro I did last year I thought this would be perfect as I am mixing some 'trap' into my set.

Kind of disappointed in the 'trap' section of it, just doesn't feel right. I am glad to see others like it a lot though, I personally love hearing the 'hybrid' new stuff mixing in rock.

I tried it out, didn;t hit as hard as I had hoped, but it was still a solid track in the set.

No doubt - I always appreciate constructive criticism.

@Defiance I feel you everyone has their own taste which is why every record has 10,000 remixes nowadays haha

I'm far from a dope producer but I'm gonna stay at it. @JackStalk I'll try to give me next record a better drop so it hits harder

thanks everyone for taking time to check it and add feedback

Quote Originally Posted by 215 trees View Post
    No doubt - I always appreciate constructive criticism.

@Defiance I feel you everyone has their own taste which is why every record has 10,000 remixes nowadays haha

I'm far from a dope producer but I'm gonna stay at it. @JackStalk I'll try to give me next record a better drop so it hits harder

thanks everyone for taking time to check it and add feedback
    I've been very selective with my music for competing with and like I said its not bad, but just not what I needed. Keep at it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    Kind of disappointed in the 'trap' section of it, just doesn't feel right. I am glad to see others like it a lot though, I personally love hearing the 'hybrid' new stuff mixing in rock.
    Trap is generally around 140 BPM. Maybe that's why the beat sounds weird? Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    Trap is generally around 140 BPM. Maybe that's why the beat sounds weird? Maybe it's just me.
    What is 215 tree's song at BPM wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    What is 215 tree's song at BPM wise?
    According to him, 70.

140 and 70 are the same thing? I actually dropped the tempo down to 130-134ish in the beginning to mix out of a house song and then into Niggas in Paris

Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk View Post
    140 and 70 are the same thing?
    The two tempos can be mixed, because one is half the other. But no, they're not the same.

Well, they aren't, but let's be real: artists who write a song in one aren't correct in saying that's the BPM. Dubstep is 140 but some of the older, calmer Dubstep is 70. It just is written in a 140 parameter on the computer.

More so is time signature. Modern day house is 8/4. Don't play me that it's 4/4, that's just 80s and early 90s house. Techno is 2/4. Dubstep is.... arguable. You could make the case that it's 16/8, or 12/3, 24/6. 8/4. or even 4/2. Producers thing they are making 4/4 tracks but that's just the DAW arrange window misinforming them.