Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has this forum died?

Quote Originally Posted by djnotapplicable View Post
    and actually not having tons of threads to cover actually works better for me.
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
    I agree...
    Having no active threads kinda negates the point of a forum though.

At least DogsonAcid is rolling along for DnB. Nu Skool Breaks is suffering the same issue as here though.

This forum hasn’t died, but it is pretty slow lately. The thing is, members complain that it has died, yet there are usually about a dozen members logged in most of the time. Ya gotta wonder why nobody’s posting. I like talking about DJ gear and DJ computers and music. There’s a ton of stuff to discuss. It seems we’re now getting fewer DJ’s and more noobs, but that’s OK. Maybe the bloom is off the rose for experienced DJ’s and DJ forums? I dunno.

My own personal opinion is that anonymous members stifle social interaction. It’s hard to devolop camaraderie with a USERNAME and an avatar.😄 I’ve been in another forum where some of us shared our “Trading Cards”. We had a little fun with it and helped having an idea of who we were communicating with. I made one for this forum...

The forum is certainly not as active as it used to be but I remember about 3 years ago when it would sometimes go 2 or 3 days without a post. So, its more active than it used to be.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    ...My own personal opinion is that anonymous members stifle social interaction. It’s hard to devolop camaraderie with a USERNAME and an avatar.�� ...
    I think it depends... I have made lots of friendships from DJF, that bled over into real friendships. I also had an illustrious, purely sexual fling with one member named, Manu... sigh... those were the days...
    - jj -

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj View Post
    I think it depends... I have made lots of friendships from DJF, that bled over into real friendships. I also had an illustrious, purely sexual fling with one member named, Manu... sigh... those were the days...
    I said it was “hard”, not impossible (to devolop a camaraderie with a username and avatar).😊

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    I said it was “hard” ...
    You said. hard.
    - jj -

He wished he flew me over to Kentucky, just to double check that I am indeed an irreversible hetero.

Well.. 10+ years ago, I remember there being so many posts in a day that even if you checked in a couple times a day you could miss a bunch.
    Now I can read 'em all with ease on my cellphone while taking a piss.

It's like 5% of what it used to be.

So yea, that's pretty dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    ... I am indeed an irreversible hetero.
    ME TOO!!!...

😄