Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has this forum died?

Considering how much culture has changed, is it surprising?
    How many clubs have closed?
    How many forums have closed as people move to social media?
    How has music taste changed and underground dance music been watered down by popular EDM?
    This forum is older than gmail, facebook, youtube and myspace. Plus a load of other sites that have been forgotton by the internets.

It is only due to the admins that it lives on and provides a service to those who require it. Who knows where DJing is going to go in the next 17 years. It'll be interesting to see if we are still saying the forum has dropped in activity, then.

As for Manu, being French is basically the "bi-curious of europe". I mean his screenname even contains the word "Man".

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bobcat View Post
    ME TOO!!!...

😄

This place needs a like button just for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Romard View Post
    This place needs a like button just for this post
    Press the star button at the bottom of any profile to rep...

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    As for Manu, being French is basically the "bi-curious of europe". I mean his screenname even contains the word "Man".

It means "God". Now behave or,

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    It means "God". Now behave or,

LoL. I tried to show love my Lord, but it says i must spread around the love more first lol apparently, I've given you too much
    - jj -

Sad to see how dead this forum is now. If Blueprint is still around, I recently picked up Looking Back on Juno.

The thread is old (2012), and the forum is still here.

Keep in mind this is the drum and bass section, and I don't see or hear many D&B heads around here. I'd say it's the D&B scene going back to the underground it came from.

Yeah I know its old. Meant to say this sub forum. I see other parts of this forum is still alive and well. I just think back to the conversations we used to have here. Oh well.

I couldn't disagree more, drum and bass is still huge - in Europe certainly, perhaps less so elsewhere.

There are now for the first time multiple festivals dedicated to drum and bass, Let it roll, Sun and Bass, Hospitality in the Park, Innovation in the sun / dam, to name a few. Also the large representation at festivals such as Boomtown and Outlook. Then you have events like Rampage, 15,000 young people in Antwerp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PwXNb5Bbbo

There are also still multiple weekly drum and bass nights in pretty much every major cities, with the biggest clubs and venues still being packed to the rafters by drum and bass dj's as they have been for the last 25 years.

The scene is very much alive and kicking, perhaps even more so now than ever.

7.5 million views on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhPjmI44y2Y
    Best,

I/O

This style needs a new round of development to attract new fans. It also needs more popularization.