Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJM 909 with SL 1 vs RANE TTM57SL

DJM 909 with SL 1 vs RANE TTM57SL

Will be upgrading my Djm 600 mixer to one of the option above.
    Will be selling away the SL 1 i have if i choose to go the RANE way.
    Any opinions on which option should i choose.
    Gears : Technics 1210 Mk 2 , DJM909 , Novation dicer, Serato Scratch Live 3 , Macbook Pro
    Shure M447 , KRK Rokit 5 Monitors.

IMHO, Rane >> Pioneer.

The 707 and 909 have a good enough reputation that I'm not completely sure my blanket statement holds.

look into the rane 57. not only are they built tough, you can get one at a great price. there are so many on craigslist because of the new sixty-one and sixty-two arrivals.

Grab a 57 second hand for sure...just make sure the buttons are concave. Those are the newer built versions.

IMHO 57 is the way to goooo. its a well built mixer and the magnetic faders are sick!!!
    Technics 1200 MK2 - Rane TTM57SL - MBP 15.4"
    http://www.twitter.com/djkvg http://www.soundcloud.com/kvg-1

Is concave outwards or inwards?

I own a Pioneer 707 and the club I have a residency at has a 57. I guess I am accustomed to the 707 fader wise BUT the sound quality of the 57 is better. Lol, i've accidently hit buttons on the 57 that started songs over again while I was in the club before. It's WAY too much on a mixer for me.

Concave is inward. The cave part should help you remember.

I have the 909 + SL1 combo right now and I love it. I still have yet to use the 57 much but it's a good choice too. The crossfader (not channel faders) is good on the 909 as well, but it has a bit smaller stem and the cap isn't as beefy as the 57. The pioneer has a ton of cool effects but I don't find myself using all of them all the time.

With the 57 I like everything about it except for the size of the knobs. I wish they were a little beefier like on the 909 but that may just be because I am used to installs with the 800 on deck.

If only both mixers could just be combined in one

Lots of people are happy with both, try them both out if you can and decide!

Seems like I am leaning more towards the Rane side now.
    Gears : Technics 1210 Mk 2 , DJM909 , Novation dicer, Serato Scratch Live 3 , Macbook Pro
    Shure M447 , KRK Rokit 5 Monitors.