Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping For Turntables

Thanks! For the price it's looking like there hard to beat. Not planning on doing any type of gigging, just for home use & learning as much as I can. The first set of tables & mixer I bought back like 12 years ago was all entry level stuff & sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Non-Technics decks that I would buy: -

Numark TTX (aside from the original first revision)
    Vestax PDX-2000 and PDX-3000
    Stanton STR8-150 and ST-150 (and similar Super OEM turntables)
    Stanton T.120

Those are all what I would consider high end decks. There are others that are decent if you're on a budget, such as Numark TT500s.
    This is the way to go! If you want something that's going to last you a long time with more torque than the Technics for scratching and juggling, then listen to Sig... You still can't go wrong with a pair of used or new Techs though... Good Luck and don't buy too cheap because you WILL regret it.
    2x Stanton ST-150 & 4x Stanton T.120 || Traktor Z2 (Innofader PNP) || Pioneer DJM-T1 || Vestax PMC-05ProIV || Vestax VCI-400 (CF-X2 Fader) || Traktor A10/A6/F1/X1 || Lot's More...

I'm thinking really hard about pulling the trigger on a pair of Numark TTXUSB tables. Found them online for $350.00 each. Seems like a good price for a quality set of tables. Would like to get some Stanton SRT8-150's or some Vestax PDX-3000's but considering that this is just going to be a hobby for me the TTX's are looking like the best choice for myself. Plus I still need to shop around for a mixer & everything else that I will need. I'm starting from scratch again.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT View Post
    I'm thinking really hard about pulling the trigger on a pair of Numark TTXUSB tables. Found them online for $350.00 each. Seems like a good price for a quality set of tables. Would like to get some Stanton SRT8-150's or some Vestax PDX-3000's but considering that this is just going to be a hobby for me the TTX's are looking like the best choice for myself. Plus I still need to shop around for a mixer & everything else that I will need. I'm starting from scratch again.
    Sounds like a good plan. The Numark TTXUSB decks are a solid option.

Thanks fellas for all the help!!!

What are the differences between Numark TTX 1 & TTX USB besides the USB? Might be able to score a used set of the TTX 1's for s decent price. These will be mainly for scratching.

Just got a pair of TTXs this past week and love them. One minor issue is that my pitch button sticks and acts funky. Can't swap until they get more in stock though.