Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Old Mixers!

Quote Originally Posted by Estacy View Post
    or it didn't happen

Ive never seen the progressive series in the wild
    oh ok, well, here is a few pics of me with it. it was an MX300, not 3000 sorry, typo. so i guess you still havent seen one in the wild haha. shame, cause rodecs are solid as hell,

Last edited by Marc S; 02-13-2012 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc S View Post
    Lol not sure what OIDH means, but I'll get some pics from my old hdd in the morning.

hard to say really since it was bought purely for use in clubs, it was never set up at home, I was a co promoter of a big night and we wanted something solid and with a great sound, formula sound was the 1st choice but a little out of budget and at the time rane didn't really offer anything with enough channels (non rotary)
    I'd used my empath in that venue and the sound was always noticeably better than the old installed djm600, like, a LOT better, and the rodec too blew it away, so at least in a large club environment it certainly lived up to expectations, but I don't recall in he 2 years we had it, ever running it on some nice quality home/studio monitors,
    It has a shit tone of headroom though I can tell you that, the resident venue had great pa, and we did some long testing since the night was old Skool rave and dnb, and a lot if the djs were a bit red light happy, with the limiters on the booth and main room speakers, I'd often see it so in the red that the top ones didn't even flicker, they were just ON, and it suffered not a hint of distortion,
    cheers for info. much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    Here is a picture of my old Bozak rotary. It's almost 40 years old and still rocking. I have it hooked up to a couple of V7's.
    sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc S View Post
    it was an MX300, not 3000 sorry, typo. so i guess you still havent seen one in the wild haha. shame, cause rodecs are solid as hell,
    oh darn! well I guess I just have to keep looking! the 300 is also a very cool mixer. but why didn't you get the MX 180 instead?
    'George Clinton meeting Kraftwerk in an elevator'

Quote Originally Posted by deejaybman View Post
    This is where it started for me!!! If I remember correctly, the fader was EXTREMELY stiff right?
    DM-650 - the fader is really stiff - it will give you popeye forearms on a few hours use
    I Have Come Here To Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum, And I Am All Out Of Bubblegum!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerick View Post
    The Numark DXM06 and TTX1 - I really liked this setup

That was my first setup!

I have this awful old Numark mixer that was found in the basement of a bar. I'll photograph it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
    That wasn't my mixer was it by chance? I can't remember who I gave my DMX09 to and can't look it up either.
    Oh hey Jane! Good to see you back! When I saw it posted, I thought that might've been your mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by punky View Post
    That was my first setup!

I have this awful old Numark mixer that was found in the basement of a bar. I'll photograph it sometime.
    I sold my TTX's to someone on the forum, was it you?
    I Have Come Here To Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum, And I Am All Out Of Bubblegum!

Quote Originally Posted by Estacy View Post
    oh darn! well I guess I just have to keep looking! the 300 is also a very cool mixer. but why didn't you get the MX 180 instead?
    300 was in stock, ex demo and VERY cheap