Specs: Frequency Range 10 - 22.000 Hz
    Impedance 32 Ohm
    Sound pressure level 104 dB
    Driver 50 mm Mylar
    Weight 285 g (excl. cord)
    Cord, ca. 3 m coiled
    3,5 / 6,3 mm scewable adapter

Sound: 5/5
    Overall sound quality of these has been great. Has incredibly clear highs and just the right amount of bass. Have become my go to headphones for just about everything as well.

Sound Isolation: 5/5
    The isolation on these is great. Blocks out just the right levels of background noise. I actually use one of my old pairs for yardwork, does a great job of filtering out the drone of a leaf blower.

Durability: 5/5
    My old set has been through a bunch, and now is used outside. They are holding up perfectly.

Comfort: 5/5
    Have worn these for hours at a time (8 hour flight was the longest actually) and they don't bother my ears at all.

Size: 5/5
    Not to big, not too small, just right.

Would I buy this again if it broke?
    I already have another pair, just in case. So That would be a yes.

Overall value: 5/5

Ultrasone Proline 650's (Blue ones in the pic) - discontinued

Amazing is a good word to describe the sound quality. The DJ1s produce a bit more bass than these, but the highs were crisp!

Isolation on these was a slight step above the DJ1s due to the larger ear cups.

Seem as rock solid as the DJ1s.

Being I had the velvet pads from the 750s, they were super comfortable.

Size: 4/5
    I actually found these to be a bit too large for my preference.

Would I buy this again if it broke? Perhaps
    I did end up giving these away to my brother as I wasn't using them (kept the velvet pads though). Perhaps one day I will pick up another pair for music listening.

Overall value: 4.9/5

And finally Sony MDR-700s.

Sound: 3/5
    A bit heavy on the bass, after awhile (used these for 10 years) they started to sound flat.

Sound Isolation: 3.5/5

Durability: 4/5
    I am going to go out on a limb here, yes mine now have stress cracks. They did see 10 years of use (I guess the old ones held up better). They had traveled with me, been to a bunch of gigs, dropped, kicked across the floor, thrown at people.... and they held up

Comfort: 3/5
    Not so uncomfortable, however after a bunch of years the ear pads felt as flat as the sound became.

They fit me comfortably.

Would I buy this again if it broke? No
    They don't seem to make them as durable as they used to

Overall value: 3.5 / 5

Pioneer HDJ-2000

Specs:Type Fully enclosed dynamic headphones
    Frequency Range 5 Hz - 30,000Hz
    Impedance 36 ohms
    Maximum Input 3,500 mW
    Sensitivity 107 dB/mW
    Driver Unit Type 50mm dome
    Plug 3.5 mm 3P mini plug (Gold-plated)
    Cord 3.94 ft long single coiled cable (Extended 9.8 ft)
    Weight 10.2 oz (without cord)
    Accessories 6.3 mm 3P plug adapter & Carrying bag
    Extra Features Protein leather surface with memory form padding

Sound quality is great. Clear throughout the entire volume range. Bass isn't overwhelming like other headphones I've tried.

Isolation is awesome. Even in loud environments the sound is very good without my volume having to be turned all the way up.

I have only had these for about 4.5 months and they've held up great so far, just like the day i got them out out the box.

The most lightweight and comfortable headphones I've ever used. Even after 7 hours they don't bother me at all.

Size: 5/5
    I like the sleek design. Not super bulky like other headphones.

Yes!

Overall value: 4.5/5
    Even though I love these headphones and I would recommend everyone try them out just so they could get a feel for them, they are OVERPRICED which is my only complaint.
    Last edited by deejayjsin; 02-23-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    Music not only changes our mood, but it also changes the way we think and our perception of the world.

deejaysin, quick question. This isn't a criticism or an attack, but I'm curious what other studio/DJ headphones you've heard/used. The only reason is that I was really disappointed with my HDJ-1000s and it seems like they got a lot of positive reviews from people who never used anything else good. I'm not saying your ears suck or that your opinion is invalid, but do you have any basis for comparison or are you just happy with them?

(note: just because you have no basis for comparison doesn't necessarily mean they're bad…I'm jusr curious)

(note2: I'm kinda drunk…hope that made sense)

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    deejaysin, quick question. This isn't a criticism or an attack, but I'm curious what other studio/DJ headphones you've heard/used. The only reason is that I was really disappointed with my HDJ-1000s and it seems like they got a lot of positive reviews from people who never used anything else good. I'm not saying your ears suck or that your opinion is invalid, but do you have any basis for comparison or are you just happy with them?

(note: just because you have no basis for comparison doesn't necessarily mean they're bad…I'm jusr curious)

(note2: I'm kinda drunk…hope that made sense)
    I reviewed the HDJ-2000's not the 1000's but I'll address your question anyway, apart from my 2000's I use Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700 MK2, and I've owned two pairs of Technics RP-DH1200 and SONY MDR-V700DJ so thats what I'm basing my sound quality, isolation and comfort off of. So to answer your question, yes I do have a basis for my comparison.
    Music not only changes our mood, but it also changes the way we think and our perception of the world.

K. Just curious.

And I knew it was the 2000s. I just had such a "meh" experience with the 1000s that IDK if I'd ever buy Pioneer headphones again.

Nice sig, btw.

Thanks for the review, deejayjsin
    jasoncerna.com | boogieburg | twitter @jasoncerna | instagram @jasoncerna

K. Just curious.

And I knew it was the 2000s. I just had such a "meh" experience with the 1000s that IDK if I'd ever buy Pioneer headphones again.

Nice sig, btw.
    No worries, everyone has a different experience with the same/similar products so I guess i understand your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cerna View Post
    Thanks for the review, deejayjsin
    Glad I could contribute!

Pioneer HDJ-2000

(sorry for the self-gratification)

I also own the Pioneer HDJ-2000. So to keep things short, I'll just update deejayjsin's post with my rankings.

Sound: 4.5/5
    Pretty good range. Has a lot of bass for headphones, but you don't get the muffled feeling. Highs and mids stay clear

These cover my ears completely. I don't have to have my cue volume up at all. You actually have to do the one ear cup trick if you wanna compare it to the main out of a monitor if you're not using the cue on your mixer because it isolates so well.

I've had these since late 2009, but they haven't had a rough life. Materials-wise it's a large step up from the 1000's because the frame is made of titanium, but still is light weight. no weak point at the swivel hinges like the 1000's had.

Comfort: 4.5/5
    very comfortable. no neck fatigue or pinching noticed. sweaty ears noticed on longer gigs.

Average size, but i guess it has to be for the amount of quality materials in it.

Yes, but only if I got a deal on them like I did last time.

Overall value: 4.5/5

They're worth getting if you can afford it. You can find pairs on Amazon on the cheap.

In comparison, I've owned/used:
    HDJ-1000's
    Sennheiser HD-25ii
    Technics RP-DH 1200
    Sony V700

You might have had a pair of fakes. There are a lot of those out there... Visually they're nearly identical. Sound-wise... ugh!!
    Last edited by Molbster; 02-29-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Formerly known as SpikesMW (San Diego House Mafia avatar)

*yes, i will slightly derail this thread* Who built those speakers? ^^^^^^^
    jasoncerna.com | boogieburg | twitter @jasoncerna | instagram @jasoncerna

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cerna View Post
    *yes, i will slightly derail this thread* Who built those speakers? ^^^^^^^
    Funktion One.

Pretty sure those were F4T tops and F221 bass bins.

Formerly known as SpikesMW (San Diego House Mafia avatar)