Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Djf 2012 trance tournament - rules & entry thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ellissentials View Post
    Well, I have to ascertain this situation. If I enter, I'll have to get an array of Trance.. I do not intend on losing the first round. So I'd need multiple sets worth of tracks, and I just don't quite have that. BUT.. I have Trance that I don't personally care for.. maybe I'll just mix what I have and enter for fun.
    Dude you can do it, AND make it sound good! Just have fun, that's all that matters; oh and the deadline too
    Quote Originally Posted by tails View Post
    I do a pretty lazy job wiping my ass if I know I'm about to shower though.

Now my last bit of "issue"... (have to consider this, because now you guys are really making me want to join)...It's going to be tricky for me to listen to so many mixsets. That's just a rule that can not be bent, broken or compromised.

How long is each round going to last? I guess this question I'll need answered to make my final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by g-sep View Post
    oh and the deadline too
    Deadlines come after we have all 16 entries lined up. I tends to take a while to fill the last few slots. We usually to allow 2 weeks to mix once we are all set for each round. From there it takes about a week to get the mixes uploaded and they stagger a bit to keep the battles open and give voters time to listen, comment and vote. Otherwise you have (14) 30 minute sets to listen to in one week (this was hard on tournament contestants-we do have lives after all-AND you have to vote on all mixes or be eliminated). Kind of a slow painful process, but you just have to stick with it.
    Last edited by Ohmega; 08-07-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    DJForums Member since 2004
    DJForums Trance 2008: 2nd Place, DJForums Trance 2009: 3rd Place, DJforums Trance 2010: 2nd Place

Glad to see the comment on when the deadline is. I'll tango with you guys. I'm in.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Quote Originally Posted by Ellissentials View Post
    Discussing this:

This eliminates me from competing. I would do it because I feel like it... my passion is for music, that is known, but this would just be a "feel like it" type of thing. And I haven't spun much Trance in 5 years.

I also believe this directly conflicts with the next statement you made:

But that's what I "feel like" doing. Increasing skill and gaining good feedback. I don't have a passion for it per say, but I feel like it.

Just curious about this really. Maybe I'm reading too much into it... but this is immediately how it came off to me.
    I think the first statement pertains to people that are thinking about signing up to just have fun and not care too much about the passion for Trance which will be on display by the others..

The second statement is for people that don't have a problem with that first statement and signed up.

In other words Ellissentials, go away because id like to get past round one and if I don't I'd like to get beat by someone that actually loves Trance!!

I do enjoy some forms of Trance, and I'll take it easy on you.....

OK Mitch confirmed, Kris when you eventually make your mind up geez, Ill add you to the list.
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

Why is it always the Trance heads getting together and making this happen?

I think djf ran a House tourney a few years back but never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    Why is it always the Trance heads getting together and making this happen?
    Because we are awesome bahahaha
    DJForums Member since 2004
    DJForums Trance 2008: 2nd Place, DJForums Trance 2009: 3rd Place, DJforums Trance 2010: 2nd Place

Im In Looks Like Fun