Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Djf 2012 trance tournament - rules & entry thread

Djf 2012 trance tournament - rules & entry thread

First off, a big thanks to "Ohmega" for providing the rules this year Cheers buddy!

2012 DJForums Trance Tournament Rules

Before you post in this thread please make sure you read through ALL the rules!!! Also try to keep non Tournament discussion out of this thread use the previous threads or create a new one.

Entry
    There will be 16 contestants. No ranking will be done on post counts or membership duration. This makes everyone equal…

Rounds
    Scenario A - 16 contestants
    Round One (16), Round Two (8), Semi Finals (4), Final (2)

Deadlines
    Anyone who misses a deadline this year will be immediately eliminated. No excuses will be tolerated. If you missed your gig, you are fired!!! In the case of a first round contestant being eliminated for this reason, a runner up from the preliminary round may replace him/her.

Mixes
    Mixes will not be restricted in track number. Instead they will be restricted by time. The final track of each mix must (<- I cannot stress this enough) have started by the end minute mark listed below. If any mixes do not conform to this the id10t will be immediately eliminated.

Last track mix in time(s):
    • Round One: 30 minute mark
    • Round Two: 30 minute mark
    • Semi Final: 45 minute mark
    • Final: 60 minute mark

If I (DJForums Official Admin.) do not hear a notable new sound coming into the mix right before the end minute mark but I do hear one after... you're out. Don’t press your luck with this one!!!

Required Track – not required for 2012

Genre
    Due to the varying nature of Trance, it is difficult to have an even playing field for contestants if mixes vary greatly in style. Therefore, it is recommended that contestants use Mainstream Trance (Progressive, Vocal, Tech, Acid, Melodic, Epic) – however if you want to play harder GOA/Psy.-Trance you are more than welcome to, just be aware that those who vote might not identify with your sub-genre. Contestants are welcome to be creative.

The battles are to be decided on skills and programming, not specific genre tastes.

Battles
    Battles will be posted in batches of two after the deadline for submissions has been met in order to ease work off the DJForums moderators and to not overwhelm voters with massive amounts of playtime.

Below is a breakdown of the length of the mixes.

Scenario A - 16 contestants
    Possible Preliminary (20 min), Round One (30 min), Round Two (30 min), Semi Finals (45 min), Final (60 min)

Voting
    The battles will be posted as Username versus Username. Anyone still active in the championships will be REQUIRED to vote in ALL battles. Don’t expect any sympathy on this one, if I listen to your battle and vote you listen to my battle and vote = respect. Failing to do so will result in automatic disqualification. Eliminated contestants should show good sportsmanship and continue to listen to battles and vote. If there is a tiebreaker, I (DJForums Admin) will then vote.

Note:Ghost votes do not count in the final score. In order for a vote to count, there must be a comment made by the voter and he/she must have over 50 confirmed posts on DJForums.com.

As a final note to you all,
    Do not enter this competition because you feel like it or you haven't spun trance in 5 years and want to give it another try. This is for those who have a passion for it because it will take a lot of work to get to the top. But remember, most of all to have fun.

The main point of this tournament is to increase your skill and get good feedback in a competitive environment. Post an "I'm In" to request acceptance. You will then receive a confirmation to let you know that your entry has been accepted.

How to post your mixes
    All mixes are to be 192kbps .MP3 files - MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ALL ID TAGS FROM YOUR FILE

1. Your file name must be as the following:
    DJFTrance Tournament 2012 - djfusername-vs-opponentname.mp3

2. Go to: http://www.djfbattles.com/wordpress/upload

Best of Luck to you all….and we are off!!!

Entries :-

1- Chris Hynds
    2- Jack Stalk
    3- Tekno_Violet
    4- Sedna
    5- Dj Noah
    6- G-Sep
    7- Nutty
    8- Ohmega
    9- Mitch
    10- Tektonix
    11- Ellissentials
    12- Delta V
    13- Login
    14- Ignotus
    15- RikkiGTR
    16- Complex.ity

Round 1 Battles (as they were drawn) :-

1- Ellissentials Vs Chris Hynds
    2- Tekno_Violet Vs Mitch
    3- Complex.ity Vs Dj Noah
    4- Tektonix Vs Ohmega
    5- Nutty Vs Jack Stalk
    6- Login Vs Rikki GTR
    7- G-Sep Vs Delta V
    8- Sedna Vs Ignotus

ROUND 1 MIXES TO BE SUBMITTED BY MONDAY 3RD SEPT - NO LATER OR YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED - THIS GIVES YOU 2 WEEKS TO GET YOUR MIXES IN! GOOD LUCK!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 2 BATTLES :-

1- Ellissentials Vs Rikki GTR

2- Tekno violet Vs Noah

3- Delta V Vs Jack Stalk

4- Ohmega Vs Sedna

ALL MIXES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 4TH OCTOBER. THIS GIVES YOU ALL 2 WEEKS TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE, YOUR OUT, NO EXCEPTIONS. GOOD LUCK SUCKERS, I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR MIXES!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 3 BATTLES :-

1 - Noah vs Sedna

2- Ellissentials vs Delta V

MIXES FOR ROUND 3 ARE 45MINS IN LENGTH, SAME RULES APPLY AS BEFORE, THE LAST TRACK NEED TO BE MIXED IN AND HEARD BEFORE 45 MINS. ALL MIXES ARE TO BE SUBMITTED BY 31ST OCTOBER WHICH GIVES YOU GUYS 2 WEEKS TO WORK ON YOUR SETS. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND CONGRATS ON GETTING THIS FAR, I WILL BE MORE ACTIVE IN THIS ROUND AND WILL HELP WITH PROMOTING THE BATTLES ON THE FORUM! LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR SETS!
    Last edited by ChrisHynds; 10-16-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

I'm In

Im in.

^^^^^ Confirmed
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

I'm in.
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?

Sedna Confirmed
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011

I'm defiantly in for another year!

Discussing this:

Do not enter this competition because you feel like it or you haven't spun trance in 5 years and want to give it another try. This is for those who have a passion for it because it will take a lot of work to get to the top.
    This eliminates me from competing. I would do it because I feel like it... my passion is for music, that is known, but this would just be a "feel like it" type of thing. And I haven't spun much Trance in 5 years.

I also believe this directly conflicts with the next statement you made:

The main point of this tournament is to increase your skill and get good feedback in a competitive environment.
    But that's what I "feel like" doing. Increasing skill and gaining good feedback. I don't have a passion for it per say, but I feel like it.

Just curious about this really. Maybe I'm reading too much into it... but this is immediately how it came off to me.

In the past, there were issues with one or two members saying they wanted to join only to bail last minute. It's probably to keep ppl like that away, more than anything specific.