Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay away from the Chauvet led DJ bank!

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    If you would have bought the light from an authorized dealer, you would have been able to either:

A) Return it for a refund if it went bad, or

B) Get a replacement.

Most dealers I've dealt with, if a product was defective, they would e-mail me a free shipping label, I would drop it off at the nearest UPS location, and they would send another unit.

Yea, it's a hassle, but that's the risk you take when purchasing stuff on line. Those boxes get thrown, dropped, mishandled, and only God knows what else. At least it doesn't cost me to ship it back.

Chances are that if you bought it from eBay under MAP price, that person was not an authorized dealer and Chauvet would have refused to repair or replace it without a fee.

Although I don't support your "shady" move, I must ask, why didn't you RESEARCH the product before buying it?? I always spend a few hours online researching products online BEFORE I buy them. Reading reviews, watching Youtube Videos, ect... in order to make sure that I'm buying something of QUALITY, and not something that is going to constantly break down.
    NO shit. I DONT SUPPORT MY OWN shady move! But sometimes its really necessary to do this And did I do this the second time the light failed? NO!. AND yes I dont neccesary feel good about it. But at the same time, I doubt that it really hurts the physical store since they can do the same thing your telling me. Get a label. But evidently I did this once. BUt now the light gave up again. And I decided Im NOT gonna do it again.

I always DO research. But its ONLY mostly with the big ticket items though, (I surely am NOT gonna buy a NEW CAR without reserching. But realistically I dont remember if I did with the DJ bank or not, cause they are led. And I automatically assumed that the LEDs will last "FOREVER". And besides. I rarely have problems with non mechanical parts electronics. All my other equipment is NO problem. It was the furthest thing in my mind that this LED light would be that bad! I don't think of leds being bad. Not like the conventinal light bulbs

And im NOT alone! As I found, this DJ bank is rated for being one of the wrost quality light of all lights in the entire WORLD!
    THis GUY who owns a shop decided to stop stocking them all together... Im NOT alone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svWpmVwVo2c
    Last edited by fueledbymusic; 08-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzrule View Post
    Its also one of their bottom of the bin products dude....you get what you pay for.
    Is there any $1000 version of these DJ banks?

I dont think there is any other color bank type light out there. They do have an ADJ one and of course the traditional bulb types. Other than that I dont think there is any others that I know of

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymusic View Post
    I always DO research. But its ONLY mostly with the big ticket items though, But realistically I dont remember if I did with the DJ bank or not, cause they are led.
    Well, You obviously didn't, or else you wouldn't have purchased it now would you?

And I automatically assumed that the LEDs will last "FOREVER".
    You assumed wrong. LEDs can, and do fail. Not often, and not as often as conventional bulbs, but just as with any electronic parts, the capacity to fail is always there.

Now I'm not trying to start any argument with you, nor do I believe anyone else is. No one called you a "Chesapeake" in the first place. You were the first to mention that term in this thread.

DJzrule simple stated that if you buy a low cost product, there were obviously corners cut somewhere to set it at that particular price. Whether is be the manufacturing process that is causing the LEDs to go bad, or the bad quality parts, there is a reason for the price.

I understand your frustration, I've gone through the same thing a few times. You've had your rant and made your point, and hopefully someone will see your post and think twice about wasting their money on this product.

However, there is no reason to CURSE and YELL.
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

Am I yelling???

The problem I have here is when people here assume (judging) that I dont want to spend my money just because I like a $60 light. (and they dont have any bigger ticket version of these anyhow) Then scald me for getting what I pay for. To me that sounds like saying me. Im CHEAP! And yes, that is offensive. Cause Im being judged like this when Im not.
    Last edited by fueledbymusic; 08-06-2012 at 05:12 PM.

I think I did reserch the DJ bank. I did not find any thing about it. These DJ banks only been out for 2 years. AnD I got mines last year

There's plenty of better alternatives, such as the American DJ ColorStrip Mini, Chauvet Colorrail Mini, Chauvet 4Bar Mini, etc etc. I've never had a problem with any of them. I wouldn't be too terribly upset if my $60 light broke lol - that just screams "disposable" to me. Sucks that they have a bad reputation though.
    Last edited by sss18734; 08-06-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Ebay can be a bitch like that. I am dealing with a seller right now who I believe is an authorized dealer and they are giving me the run around as well. Sucks to pay return shipping on something that arrived not functioning.

The problem I have here is when people here assume (judging) that I dont want to spend my money just because I like a $60 light
    So if you aren't cheap, why didn't you spend $5-10 extra to buy from an authorized dealer? Then, none of this would have been a problem, as they would have paid for everything by either sending you a shipping label, and getting you a replacement, or giving you a refund.

Dude, you bought a cheap shitty light online from some random ebay dealer, then tried to pull a shady switcharoo with guitarcenter. Why are we not going to be against your actions?

Ugh this is why the standard is set so low in our industry. I make shit off of my jobs because no one raises the bar for me in my area....

I love how you come on DJF and tell the community to stay away from a product that 90% of us would never use or already know not to use then when we tell you you act like a 12 year old.

BTW, That truss setup you have is an eBay I-Beam isn't it? How does it hold your lights without bowing or just splitting in the middle. If I were you Id stop trying to buy cheap junk off of eBay and save your money to buy a quality product. If your doing your research like you say you are you would be able to see how terrible some of the products you have are...
    *Your Event Matters FaceBook * Your Event Matters Website * MixCloud Account*
    DJs Photography Photo Booth Rentals and Beauty services