Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard To Find Tracks

Hard To Find Tracks

What do you do when you can't find a legal, high-quality copy of a certain song ANYWHERE on the net? I know the web is endless, but I've searched up and down for a couple older songs to no avail... If I had them on wax I'd burn 'em...

The modern version of crate-digging?

i tunes is my best source. anything i put in, it tends to come up.

shit out of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

im sure you checked discogs but might have luck with that, maybe some selling it on craigslist or fleabay, if you gave us the track name artist etc might have good chance someone would turn it up

amazon!?

keep looking
    PROFESSIONAL UNEMPLOYED DJ
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATREON

IT depends on the song. You can find a lot of rare remixes and edits from the early 2000's by buying compilation CDs. I've found some of my favorite tracks on CD's like "Ultra Trance XX," Louie DeVito's Dance Factory, etc. The only problem with some of them are that the tracks are already mixed in a continuous mix so theyre essentially unusable. Picking up secondhand compilation CDs on eBay is cheaper than buying 2-3 tracks on beatport most of the time, and some of the CDs contain the original unmodified edits. Depending on the specific song, you can find some of the stuff on youtube if you search hard enough. I absolutely hate ripping tracks off of youtube, but I will sometimes if I can't find it for purchase on any site. Usually at that point I'll just keep it for my own personal enjoyment. If it's that hard of a track to find, you may want to consider putting something else in it's place.

The biggest example of a hard-to-find track that I've found was Gabriel and Dresden's version of Duncan Sheik "On A High". Since hearing it on Ultra Trance 2, I've been searching for 8 years and havent found that remix ANYWHERE except a 128kb version on youtube. I even commented on G&D's facebook urging them to release the track somewhere I could buy it. I don't play it live, I just use it for my personal consumption.

other than that discog. tell us the name someone on here might have it.. not saying they'll give it to you because that is illegal.
    but they could say where they've got it from.

I sense your scared to say your gemm.

Banned
    What are the songs?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk
    The biggest example of a hard-to-find track that I've found was Gabriel and Dresden's version of Duncan Sheik "On A High".
    This you mean?.....

Cos if so....