Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trance DJs that don't play the newest ASOT stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Ryan View Post
    And if you want to hear arguably one of the greatest songs of all time (YES, ALL TIME) youtube search: Bartlett Bros. - Let it Flow (Gareth Emery Remix). WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    are you kidding me? you cant honestly believe this is the best song of all time, let alone a good trance song? Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

If your old enough to realise that Yes Trance from the Old Tiesto era was some of the best thing since sliced bread, you cant even compare it to this electro pop bullshit thats being produced by Emery/Armin/A&B etc who are all following the flow of the current scene which is why its getting harder to find good music, which I welcome as it makes good Dj's stand out when they dont play the same old commercial bullshit sound! If Emery is just following the flow, what makes him any better than the others?
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

This is the best Mctrance there has ever existed, 100% free of psychedelia or hypnotic rythms

@ Luke: We don't care that he's playing electro house, Its the fact he's playing electro house and marketing himself as a trance DJ still. People buy tickets to see him expecting a trance set because that is what he is marketing himself as (trance DJ). Then we go, and get stuck listening to sweedish fish mafia, avicii, nicky romero and the rest of those fucktards that use that same oiy oiy oiy oiy noise in every track....we get stuck for 2 god damn hours expecting some trance and getting fuck all. I dont care if he want's to drop those tunes, but please for fuck sake market yourself as an electro house DJ if hes going.

Maybe 3 years ago he was Not Bad at best.....but now honestly

While were on this topic.....

IM SORRRRY BAAABBYYYY, YOU WHEERREEE THEEE SUNNN ANNNDD MOOON TOO MEEE!!!!!!!!!!

SAVVEEDD, THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SAAAVVEEDDD!

Quote Originally Posted by tektonix View Post
    savveedd, this thread has been saaavveeddd!

bahahahahah
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHynds View Post
    are you kidding me? you cant honestly believe this is the best song of all time, let alone a good trance song? Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

If your old enough to realise that Yes Trance from the Old Tiesto era was some of the best thing since sliced bread, you cant even compare it to this electro pop bullshit thats being produced by Emery/Armin/A&B etc who are all following the flow of the current scene which is why its getting harder to find good music, which I welcome as it makes good Dj's stand out when they dont play the same old commercial bullshit sound! If Emery is just following the flow, what makes him any better than the others?
    I am 22, but I've been listening to trance, house, dance music, EDM, (insert whatever name you want to give it), etc. since I was 12 years old. Honestly it's one of my favorite songs of all time, which is subjective, but hey, that's just my opinion. I honestly just think that a lot of people are stuck back in the days when "EDM" wasn't as HUGE as it is now and patting themselves on the back for loving what is now huge before it was even a thought in most peoples' heads. What happens is that as this music evolves and sounds start to change, everyone who loved trance, dance music back in the early 2K's and 90's start dumping all over the same people and artists who they were bowing down to back then. All I am trying to get at is that these guys are artists and they make a living and a livelihood off of creating music. They need to stay current so they can make money while still trying to appeal to their loyal fanbase. It's a spot that I would never want to be in, but I keep an open mind, open ears and an open heart and I don't shun certain types of music just because people think it's too mainstream now. If it sounds good to me then I'm going to embrace it, not turn it away because I don't want to be mainstream. Also, if you watch some of Gareth's more recent interviews, you will clearly see him stating that he is trying to stay away from labeling himself as a "trance" DJ/producer. I will find the exact interview for you, but I believe it's the one from ASOT 550 in Den Boesch that I'm talking about.