Thread: Sold my DJM 900 Nexus and purchased a Rane 64 and Native Instrument Z2......

Sold my DJM 900 Nexus and purchased a Rane 64 and Native Instrument Z2......

.......and I'm happier than ever. The 64 I purchased Brand new for $1000 and the Z2 for Brand New for $499. Both Mixers and Solid and perfect for what I need them for. Two mixers for the price of what I sold my DJM. I was pretty blown away by the sound of the 64. It seems to be a tad better than the DJM, and overall a better mixer. I now have a back-up mixer with the Z2 and can run my favorite Traktor software. I've have chosen a TT set up over CDJ's and controllers. Now I'm able to play my old Classic Disco 12 inches and 45's that have been sitting in my closet vault for some years! With the Z2, if I choose, I can use this mixer for smaller gigs as a stand alone controller with traktor, easy set up and break down for small gigs. My DJM/CDJ set up was great, but very expensive compared to my newest TT/Rane 64 set up. I'm loving the feel of TT's again, makes me feel like I'm gigging in the 80's again,LOL! What a GREAT decision! I'm still learning the Serato Software, it's a bit of a learning curve versus Traktor, but I can see the potential in Serato. I have my first gig coming up in April with my new set-up, and I'm anxious to test her out. So far in the studio my new setup sounds great! I'll post some pics in the next few days!

THANX DJ Forums for all your advice in aiding my decisions.

Nice story. You certainly have some nice mixers.
    Good luck with your gig!
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

The Rane sounds great.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk