Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $5000 USD Budget for some speakers for DJING Weddings 1-300 Dont want dissapointment

QSC GTDaudio B52 Numark NS7 American DJ Hercules 4Mx ACER Behringer Peavey Koss CerwinVega Selenium VDJ= Sweet Music
    Owner DRZ Inc.

Of the suggestions mentioned thus far for wedding use..

Pair of QSC KW122's and a pair of QSC KW181's = (would be the route I would take if I wanted an active system after past owning the QSC HPR system)

Yamaha active = DSR series have some good tops but not really known for great subs

A Yorkville LS801p = not a sub that will get approval from too many brides to be & since you'll be by yourself for load in & out it's just not practical for this application.

Pair of JTR Growlers & a Pair of JTR Triple 8x = small compact, easy to transport, easy to hide, hard hitting deep bass with great SPL & the cleanest sounding of all mentioned thus far (I own a number of these myself).
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Quote Originally Posted by drzinc View Post
    on the speakers, but the Behringer iNuke amp is a joke for driving those subs. JTR suggests up to 2000W program into those subs. Each. The inuke 3000 is 3000 bridged into 4 ohms.. which of course, since they don't say, is prob a 1Khz, 1% rating, at best. Really I would be surprised if you could get much more than 750W per sub with that amp. Why get really nice speakers and then put inadequate, cheap-ass amps on them?

Light-o I own the inuke 6000 and it replaced my QSC PLX3402. I waited to get a few gigs done with it before I posted any results. It hits harder than the PLX 3402, it runs ice cold and it weighs nothing. I used it on Friday for tops and it was just coasting.
    QSC GTDaudio B52 Numark NS7 American DJ Hercules 4Mx ACER Behringer Peavey Koss CerwinVega Selenium VDJ= Sweet Music
    Owner DRZ Inc.

The OP is in Australia (posted about it in another thread) and as far as I am aware JTR isn't available in Australia and shipping speakers from the US to Australia would be ridiculously expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rees
    Don't worry about it. Set them up, turn them on, listen to them, adjust if needed. No matter what you do, they're still going to sound like Eons

Quote Originally Posted by windspeed36 View Post
    The OP is in Australia (posted about it in another thread) and as far as I am aware JTR isn't available in Australia and shipping speakers from the US to Australia would be ridiculously expensive.
    Well in that case then the QSC KW system is the next best combination mentioned thus far.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Quote Originally Posted by wapples View Post
    OK so as you are all aware I started another post to get some ideas on some gear and it was USEFUL although I could not really define an overall vibe ont he make and model of speakers that wont dissapoint. Iam prepared to spend up to $5000USD on some speakers/subs have no amps but was planning on just getting the CROWN XTI series that would best suit suggestions here.

Iam usually on my own with the van so something that will not break my back every time is important but more than anything solid sound. Some bass that can move your guts around when the nights really go wild but at the same time deliver some all round crisp and well presented sound.

From Hip-Hop to rock, country - pop and most things inbetween there is no genre that we will always play so a good "all rounder" (I know that is a loose term and dont mean to stir the pot)

Iam sure I can probably get the speakers i need and an amp/s for the price but I want something that will last. Popular brands like EV JBL Yorkville etc seem to have lovers & haters but cant seem to draw any conclusive line. I would have though Yamaha would have been the OLD SKOOL CANT FAIL APPROACH but there is so much out there and there are so many of you out there that get to play and sample so many so honestly whats a practical rig that looks the bussiness and wont dissapoint no matter how many times its lugged from gig to gig. Appreciate any input even if its just a brand you like

Cheers
    JBL PRX/QSC KW series, depending on which one is more commonly seen in your area. That way if you ever need to borrow/rent additional cabs, you have lots of options.

Certainly some input from you guys and I appreicate it. I have heard various speaker setups that really delivered some good sound without needing a sub. I guess starting that way and adding a sub as required would be a smart way to go but for crowds of this size would 2 good speakers simply be enough?

I really did want to go passive since I wanted to have the AMP/s into a case that would also house the wireless mic kits etc also a nice sized case on castors would be the perfect foundation to sit my DJ coffin on. Yes a bit heavy granted but seems easier to just run speaker cables to the speaker as opposed to also running power to them as well. I notice the general vibe on this topic has been POWERED POWERED POWERD. I have had some powered units before that had problems particularly with transport they had to be dissassembled and re-inforced although to be fair they were not units over $2k each. They work a treat now that they have all had their amps and transformers reinforced but its always that factor when its all sealed in the one box.

In respect to tuning and harmonics and matching the power to the speaker all the guess work has been taken out although with so many amps that have DSP on board and the ability to tweak frequecy cut offs etc I would have thought either way is good?

Thanks again for the advice

Just my thoughts, With a $5000 budget you can have a great system with cash lfet over, I do not like powered speakers for my top, thats where all my SQ is coming from, so i want to pick and choose the power for them. I have been into SQ all my life i choose an older pair of speakers that ae awesome in the 100hz to 20khz range. Mackie S408, very hard to find. i went with two Yorkville LS801PB Subs, Take one for small venue 150 -300 people, and use two for 500 or more both subs you can get for $2500 they will rock anything! the S408 will keep up no problem use 4 for 500 or more people. The s408's are my choice there are other passive tops that are very very good, the s408 will always need a sub with them, they are true tops which means mids and highs. i power them with a QSC PLX3602, they can take a lager amp but thats fine for now. the whole set up the twoo subs, amps, s408's I spent $4000, and the system sounds awesome. There has not been one event where someone has not came up to me and said that is the best sound that I have ever heard!. I get more business on sound alone. Oh forgot the Subs are active 1500 watts, I only use passive tops.
    Last edited by Dj Freeze; 07-24-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Freeze View Post
    Just my thoughts, With a $5000 budget you can have a great system with cash lfet over, I do not like powered speakers for my top, thats where all my SQ is coming from, so i want to pick and choose the power for them. I have been into SQ all my life i choose an older pair of speakers that ae awesome in the 100hz to 20khz range. Mackie S408, very hard to find. i went with two Yorkville LS801PB Subs, Take one for small venue 150 -300 people, and use two for 500 or more both subs you can get for $2500 they will rock anything! the S408 will keep up no problem use 4 for 500 or more people. The s408's are my choice there are other passive tops that are very very good, the s408 will always need a sub with them, they are true tops which means mids and highs. i power them with a QSC PLX3602, they can take a lager amp but thats fine for now. the whole set up the twoo subs, amps, s408's I spent $4000, and the system sounds awesome. There has not been one event where someone has not came up to me and said that is the best sound that I have ever heard!. I get more business on sound alone. Oh forgot the Subs are active 1500 watts, I only use passive tops.
    Mackie S408 for sound quality?