Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $5000 USD Budget for some speakers for DJING Weddings 1-300 Dont want dissapointment

$5000 USD Budget for some speakers for DJING Weddings 1-300 Dont want dissapointment

OK so as you are all aware I started another post to get some ideas on some gear and it was USEFUL although I could not really define an overall vibe ont he make and model of speakers that wont dissapoint. Iam prepared to spend up to $5000USD on some speakers/subs have no amps but was planning on just getting the CROWN XTI series that would best suit suggestions here.

Iam usually on my own with the van so something that will not break my back every time is important but more than anything solid sound. Some bass that can move your guts around when the nights really go wild but at the same time deliver some all round crisp and well presented sound.

From Hip-Hop to rock, country - pop and most things inbetween there is no genre that we will always play so a good "all rounder" (I know that is a loose term and dont mean to stir the pot)

Iam sure I can probably get the speakers i need and an amp/s for the price but I want something that will last. Popular brands like EV JBL Yorkville etc seem to have lovers & haters but cant seem to draw any conclusive line. I would have though Yamaha would have been the OLD SKOOL CANT FAIL APPROACH but there is so much out there and there are so many of you out there that get to play and sample so many so honestly whats a practical rig that looks the bussiness and wont dissapoint no matter how many times its lugged from gig to gig. Appreciate any input even if its just a brand you like

Cheers

For a wedding system? I would simply go for an active system of two QSC KW122's and a pair of QSC KW181's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rees
    Don't worry about it. Set them up, turn them on, listen to them, adjust if needed. No matter what you do, they're still going to sound like Eons

Just checking prices, and seems one of our suppliers for other stuff has them and at a reasonable price plus I can just drive down and pickup. Iam hesitant about powered cabs but Iam told they have come along way in reliability but would have thought they were an overall heavier way to go rather than just adding an extra box with amps. Thanks for your prompt and honest opinion.

The QSC K/KW/KLA series has rock solid performance with a good 6 year warranty on it. Never had a QSC cab break on me and haven't heard of it happening.
    Don't worry about it. Set them up, turn them on, listen to them, adjust if needed. No matter what you do, they're still going to sound like Eons

With the processing, and having amps that are matched and EQed to to the specific drivers the powered speakers are much easier to set up and run than most passive setups (x-over/bi-amp/limiters/etc).
    If you ever need to quickly grab a box and go or have a less technically gifted person set them up they are nice.

The new Yamaha powered boxes are said to sound great and get loud on paper
    Last edited by mr.doom; 07-23-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wapples View Post
    OK so as you are all aware I started another post to get some ideas on some gear and it was USEFUL although I could not really define an overall vibe ont he make and model of speakers that wont dissapoint. Iam prepared to spend up to $5000USD on some speakers/subs have no amps but was planning on just getting the CROWN XTI series that would best suit suggestions here.

Iam usually on my own with the van so something that will not break my back every time is important but more than anything solid sound. Some bass that can move your guts around when the nights really go wild but at the same time deliver some all round crisp and well presented sound.

From Hip-Hop to rock, country - pop and most things inbetween there is no genre that we will always play so a good "all rounder" (I know that is a loose term and dont mean to stir the pot)

Iam sure I can probably get the speakers i need and an amp/s for the price but I want something that will last. Popular brands like EV JBL Yorkville etc seem to have lovers & haters but cant seem to draw any conclusive line. I would have though Yamaha would have been the OLD SKOOL CANT FAIL APPROACH but there is so much out there and there are so many of you out there that get to play and sample so many so honestly whats a practical rig that looks the bussiness and wont dissapoint no matter how many times its lugged from gig to gig. Appreciate any input even if its just a brand you like

Cheers
    Where are you located? If in the US, I would also recommend the QSC KW setup for an all around performer. Their warranty is great and they do stand behind it. If you shop around, you should be able to get 2 KW122's and 2 KW181's right at $4k. That will leave you some nice change to get speaker bags/covers. The subs weigh in between 80-90 lbs and has wheels, so one person can lift it in and out of a van.
    rlfsociety.com | dfwprodjs.com

If you are looking for big bass output don't rule out the Yorkville LS801p. By far has the biggest output for your buck, however they are big and heavy so you need to make sure you can easily transport it if you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by CQE DJs View Post
    If you are looking for big bass output don't rule out the Yorkville LS801p. By far has the biggest output for your buck, however they are big and heavy so you need to make sure you can easily transport it if you get it.
    Yeah def, he stated he's usually solo and uses a van, so the LS801P would be too difficult.
    rlfsociety.com | dfwprodjs.com

Quote Originally Posted by disbjohn View Post
    Yeah def, he stated he's usually solo and uses a van, so the LS801P would be too difficult.
    I'm usually solo and I have a van too. A ramp can be purchased thus solving the issues of heavy equipment. My darn cable trunk is heavy as hell but the ramp solves that problem with ease. The LS801p would be a good choice if he could get it. I'd still go with the kw181 though.
    www.TheRealDjPyro.com
    Hevi Rotation
    "I'm NOT an iPod, I'm a REAL DJ"

Quote Originally Posted by CQE DJs View Post
    An LS801P won't be overpowered and concerning to the bride at her wedding at all. I also would never touch Yorkville here in Australia because no one knows of it. People like to use and hire gear from brands they know; JBL, RCF ect.