Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Badass Tech Tracks

Hate to see this thread towards the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Frank View Post
    Hate to see this thread towards the bottom.

Great(est) DJ but couldn't produce a good track to save his life, go and see him Dj and be blown away, big room, festival, small room (not in a looong time ) he will blow everyone else away, but this tracks are awful and his label was poor.

^still hunting that one.

Saw Carl here in Detroit a few weeks ago. Nice jazz bar, great vibe. The who's-who of Detroit techno were all there.

One deep, driving set. Always a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyUK View Post

Seminal track. One of my earliest electronic music memories. *sniff*

I play this one out occasionally when the time is right. Very rarely does the crowd deserve it though. If only I had it on wax...it's just not quite right otherwise.

Here are some deep, sleazy dub cuts from some Tennessee associates and friends of Proper Trax - Jackson Lee and Ben Jenkins...out on Detroit's Blank Artists, and highly recommended. Great boys to party with, too. VINYL ONLY, so you better get it while the gettin' is good. Trust me when I say there is a lot more good stuff coming, including some collaborative efforts. And keep your ears peeled on the US southeast underground house/techno scene (I hereby RECLAIM the term "tech-house" from the watered-down Beatport twits that have made it a dirty word). Well, there's not much of a "scene" to be honest, but that's why the underground shit coming from here is so good...WE GOTTA HUSTLE HARDEST. There's serious, serious, serious heat coming from an unexpected region, and those who know are tuning in.

A little more on the house tip, but still rough & tough tech-house jack mode is CHRIS MITCHELL of VANGUARD SOUND & PLAN B (and will be releasing with PROPER TRAX for 004 in a couple months). TAMPA FLORIDA HEAT! I'm telling you! This is LAZER DRIVE from his forthcoming PHRENETIC EP on Vanguard Sound [ VS002 ]. Also, his partner and our friend AMIR ALEXANDER is doing some deep, deep mean things, also within the same crew and we definitely plan on having some of his music on Proper Trax as well. Mothafuckin' $$$$$$$$

Title track, Phrenetic

That's just two out of the four, prolly gonna save the other two for the house forum.

But here's Chris Mitchell's Limitations Force Everything from the Vanguard Sound Vol. 3 [ VS 001 ] which sold out FAST in January, and is getting one more 200-copy repress, for a total of 400, before its GONE (at least that's what I hear, don't quote me). Nasty shit, that whole compilation.

DJ Spider's "Tribal Mechanism" from the same release. Pure NYC deep tech-house sleaze. sleazebag house. Makes me want to sit in a corner, re-orient my sexual proclivities, and do nasty things.

And here's Amir Alexander's cut from the release, "Violence!" He's got a super driving style, dirty percs, pure relentlessness. He is the other half of Vanguard Sound, which I include within the aforementioned new global tech-house underground that's heating up.

Hakim Murphy is also featured on the release, with a real dirty one, but enough give aways..

Some dirty acid from GREY PEOPLE (ft. Lee Crowe) from our PROPER-001 Split Personalities EP. Highly recommended. Still have some copies if you want. More Tennessee Techner!

BlankArtists? -Proper.

Tony Neve and I used to do their sound for their shows at park bar. Always a good show, besides the stairs. Drew is one deep person. One of the few labels left releasing nothing but good wax.