Thread: Best instrumental to play behind best man speech

Best instrumental to play behind best man speech

What's the biggest tear jerker instrumental to play behind the best man speech?
    Visit me @ www.blastdjcompany.com

^^^ what he said. If you're not used to talking over music it can really screw you up. I wouldn't play anything underneath a toast unless the toaster was a pro and you had discussed it in advance.

Pelli

I don't think I ever played music during a speech. And personally I would just leave it at silence, nothing personal, but people are dumb and can only focus on one thing at a time, plus its one less thing you will have to EQ and worry about queing up, ect..

Yep- silence is best. There are enough potential distractions during the toast already. No need to add another one.

Silence it is...
    Visit me @ www.blastdjcompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by sween View Post
    the one that sounds like silence...
    lol .

To answer your question, I'd say 'Theme from Chariots of Fire'. But as the others have said, no background music is best.

Yes silence is best unless the best man or whoever is speaking asks you to play a specific song while they give their speech. However don't even bother asking them it just complicates things, because then they think it is a requirement which it is not. I have done some weddings where the BM or MOH asked me to play something silly or sappy while they talk but it rarely happens and in 20 years of DJing its happened maybe 5 times. So unless asked silence is golden.