Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ways to respond to: "This music is too repetitive"

My response "Just wait Until I LOOP IT!!"
    I Have Come Here To Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum, And I Am All Out Of Bubblegum!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerick View Post
    My response "Just wait Until I LOOP IT!!"
    *hits 1/4 bar loop*
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    I totally see why people say that... and a 4/4 beat is, by definition, repetitive. I guess, when I listen to it, I listen less to the 4/4 part and listen to the other programming basslines, additional drum sounds (which is something I do like about Cassius and a lot of funky/jackin' house), samples, etc. The 4/4 just keeps my body in rhythm whereas my mind is stimulated by everything else.
    !!!!

Thats exactly how I feel and what I tell people who don't listen to the music I do and that say it all sounds the same.

I love the cut up samples and just random sounds and funky ass basslines that you hear in funk/jackin tracks. Especially Joey Youngman tracks. But he even does that on his electro tracks he does now.
    Big woof! Wanna fight about it?!

Banned
    Tell them to fuck off and listen to Bon Jovi on their I-Pod if they don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by moyo wilde View Post
    like others have said this sounds like a programming issue more so than a edm problem. keep the styles changing so that you are building and lowering the energy. two tracks can have the same tempo and very different energy levels.

still say this is the main problem. plus i think a lot of you guys are looking at as the listener has a problem. a lot of the times when there is a problem all sides have made a some sorta mistake. i play sets and lately i haven't had anyone say it sounds too repetetive lately. change it up add a few tracks with some vocals, some where different instruments are being featured, where the four on the floor is less prominent, with samples from different genres,
    etc.