Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ways to respond to: "This music is too repetitive"

Ways to respond to: "This music is too repetitive"

Ultimately you cannot eliminate every track you play in regards to electronic music from sounding at least somewhat repetitive. To me it was just a learning curve. Some say that electronic dance music has gone commercial. I beg to differ because it seems there are so many people out there that haven't 'got it' yet.
    Pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000 CD Players, Xone:92 Mixer. Pair of RCF-312A Loudspeakers and 1 RCF 4Pro 8003 18" Sub.

Its the lyrics. Take away the vocals and most will hate it.

house to me is far too repetitive.

maybe i just have that opinion because i live in chicago and i am surrounded by it 24/7?

I get tired of trance because it feels too repetitive. I do agree that vocals has a lot to do with it... songs without it have to have a pretty aggressive sound, and some buildups and breakdowns, to keep me entertained.

Most music is repetitive, Country, Rock, Pop, Blue Grass, Polka, Disco, EDM, Rap, etc.
    I love repetitive music, give me a beat I can move my body to.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

That's interesting cause most DJ's I know mix at the most 40 percent lyrics in their sets. Caley Martin for one hates lyrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    Its the lyrics. Take away the vocals and most will hate it.
    Pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000 CD Players, Xone:92 Mixer. Pair of RCF-312A Loudspeakers and 1 RCF 4Pro 8003 18" Sub.

repetitive music. one of the reason that trance is trance there are few track where the vocal actually adds to a track.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    That's interesting cause most DJ's I know mix at the most 40 percent lyrics in their sets. Caley Martin for one hates lyrics.
    That was in response to what you said about ppl not getting it. It's gone commercial, but it's dance music with vocals added to it. There were plenty of tracks that i heard and played, without vocal, only to hear them on the radio months later with lyrics.

My girl was the same way. Wasn't really into it until acts like SHM came out with lyrics on their tracks, like that song ONE/Your name. Now she's into the scene a lot more, but almost all the tracks she listens to have lyrics.
    Last edited by Rek_Aviles; 07-19-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Lyrics aren't bad just in certain ways used are what I like as apposed to others. In a way I feel that electronic music is in its purest form when there are no lyrics. I never listen to the radio, I stopped listening to the radio in 1993. I couldn't feel the smashing pumpkins progressive rock music. I liked a few tracks on their album and then that was it for me. The internet exposed me to what I consider 'good music'. But I also don't think that any of the tracks I play are ever played on any radio station even remixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    That was in response to what you said about ppl not getting it. It's gone commercial, but it's dance music with vocals added to it. There were plenty of tracks that i heard and played, without vocal, only to hear them on the radio months later with lyrics.

My girl was the same way. Wasn't really into it until acts like SHM came out with lyrics on their tracks, like that sone ONE/Your name. Now she's into the scene a lot more, but almost all the tracks she listens to have lyrics.

Banned
    "FUCK OFF" is an option.