View Poll Results: Do you enjoy working with wedding planners?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they're enjoyable to work with, and know what they're doing

4 25.00%
  • No, they're annoying. Leave things alone

6 37.50%
  • I'm indifferent. Don't care either way

6 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding planners, hate em? Love em? Don't really care?

I didn't take time to read all the posts here so I may repeat someones post.

Personally, I would rather work with a wedding planner, than most brides. Most brides don't have a clue & end up ruining their own wedding & reception.

If the wedding planner is
    1) experienced
    2) knows what she is doing
    3) is professional
    4) respectful of others &
    5) doesn't think she rules the world

I would rather work with a wedding planner
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I agree with Dixieland. I know quite a few planners in the St. Louis area and they are all great at what they do. There is no way I could, or would want to, do their job.

I have worked with them all from both the Videographer and DJ side. Perhaps since I have had the longer days with them as a Videographer they know me better then if it was just as the DJ.

Either way I would much rather have a professional planer than not.

I'm going to disagree... I'm a control freak. There is a reason why I do mostly weddings. I am organized. I know what I'm doing (usually). I want to call the shots. I don't like anybody stepping on my feet. My favorite events are the ones where they "rent" the hall, and hire their own caterer... That way I can be in charge.

I had a past experience with a hall coordinator, where I was told in the contract to bring a corded mic, they said they didn't need wireless (i don't have one yet). The table was all the way across the venue. I had the cable but didnt want to run that far because of all the kids running around. I asked the hall coordinator if we could use the in house pa for the toast and he bellyached but went back stage and set it up. The guy had no f*#]<^ clue how to set it up! Instant feedback when he turned it on. I asked him if he needed help, but he's the older senior and doesn't take help from teenagers!

He got it set up after multiple ear scorching rings. When the toast came, the toast maker turned it on there was terrible feedback. The coordinator was no where to be found. We found him after 5 min and he got it to function. Which come to think of it he only mic checked in the sound room back stage, not where the toast was being made.

Part of it was my fault but if I would have known what kind of joke this guy was I would have ran the mic across the place. At least I knew my capabilities! It's nice to vent..
    I won't deal with "bargain shoppers." If a customer calls me and thinks he/she can whittle down my price because DJ RectalSquirt is offering to DJ for $100 for the night, then he/she and DJ RectalSquirt probably deserve one another. -Badger