Thread: RCF 312a vs Yamaha DSR112 vs QSC K12, Which???

RCF 312a vs Yamaha DSR112 vs QSC K12, Which???

Hello everyone, I am wondering for future upgrading purposes about these 3 speakers. and Yamaha DXR12 ?
    Which is the loudest.
    Which sounds best.
    Which is best when used with a subwoofer.
    ?????
    Thanks
    Last edited by DJAkash; 07-14-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    Need an amazing Video DJ that can Handle Indian and American, let's work together!

Quote Originally Posted by DJAkash View Post
    Hello everyone, I am wondering for future upgrading purposes about these 3 speakers. and Yamaha DXR12 ?
    Which is the loudest.
    Which sounds best.
    ?????
    Thanks
    Best bang for your buck would be RCF.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Onyx View Post
    Best bang for your buck would be RCF.
    Depends what he needs. The specs may be similar, but for me personally I'd choose the K12 every day of the week because of the onboard mixer section which makes sense for me due to rentals - Each persons needs are slightly different. Can't remember which Yammie series it was but Al Poulin was commenting on the finish marking very easily especially with finger prints.

As for the sound with a subwoofer, call up your local rental companies and try the speakers out with your subs or go into a store and demo them with your model if you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rees
    Don't worry about it. Set them up, turn them on, listen to them, adjust if needed. No matter what you do, they're still going to sound like Eons

The DXR12 and K12 offer very similar performance from what I have seen. The K12 may be louder but the DXR12 Appears to stay cleaner When playing at higher volumes. Both offer a mixer selection and the size and weight is similar. The DXR12 does mark easily but that's nothing a pair of covers won't fix. I've just got a cheap pair of 'Citronic' branded covers that cost next to nothing and they fit fine including all the cut outs etc. Your best bet is to listen to them all and see what you think!

I also have the DSR118W sub and I think that what's great with the DXR's :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DJAkash View Post
    Which is the loudest.
    Which sounds best.
    ?????
    Thanks
    The loudest in this bunch would be the Yamaha DSR112. The QSC K12 and DXR12 are very similar in terms of features and performance with the QSC getting slightly louder but, as mentionned the DXR12 sounding a bit better at high levels. I personally would highly recommend you check out the DXR15 IF you are not planning to use a sub (or subs). The DXR15 is the best powered 15 I have tested. The RCF Art312A actually sounds very similar to the DXR12 and has a more durable finish BUT lacks a mixer section. All great cabinets IMO. The DSR112 is the best performer of the bunch in terms of output and component quality but is slightly aggressive in the high frequencies - which is easily corrected with a little EQ. All are great choices and will work fine with a sub. If you will always be using a sub, consider smaller top cabinets - such as DXR10s or K10s (or even Art 310As). The sound quality of ALL of these cabinets is excellent - just different flavors of excellent.

Al - Party-Time! DJ Services
    Last edited by Al Poulin; 07-15-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

RCF. Forget Yamaha unless you want good monitors. Yes they beat K12's With ease. I wouldn't put Yamaha's out into a venue after seeing/hearing the reactions of people. All I want to do is upgrade my cabs to the next RCF set that is out. But These are working so nice already. 312As

I like RCF so much that I wrote a letter to Guitar center asking them to carry RCF. Told them I am not a fan of any brand they sell yet I am a very loyal customer. Guitar center - stupid not to carry them.
    Last edited by Evolved; 07-17-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000 CD Players, Xone:92 Mixer. Pair of RCF-312A Loudspeakers and 1 RCF 4Pro 8003 18" Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    RCF. Forget Yamaha unless you want good monitors. Yes they beat K12's With ease. I wouldn't put Yamaha's out into a venue after seeing/hearing the reactions of people. All I want to do is upgrade my cabs to the next RCF set that is out. But These are working so nice already. 312As

I like RCF so much that I wrote a letter to Guitar center asking them to carry RCF. Told them I am not a fan of any brand they sell yet I am a very loyal customer. Guitar center - stupid not to carry them.
    Could you elaborate a little on your statements? I have compared the DXR12 and RCF 312A and there is far from being a night and day difference. They both perform very similarly IMO. The mixer section on the DXR is MUCH better, while the finish on the RCF is better. Both sound excellent IMO. As for the 312As beating the K12s with ease? Listen, I'm a big RCF fan myself - owning 2 pairs of 310As, but the K12 is a great speaker too with excellent output, flexibility and warranty. At full volume, their output is comparable. I prefer the sound of the RCF at high volume - but other than that - comparable.

Again, there is not a huge difference between any of the mentionned speakers in real world use. Some will sound better at high levels, some have more features, some get slightly louder or have slightly more low frequencies BUT the differences are not as big as you would think. I've tested, heard or compared ALL OF THEM. All different flavors of great powered speakers...

Al
    Last edited by Al Poulin; 07-17-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    RCF. Forget Yamaha unless you want good monitors. ....
    What???

I have DSR112 and they sound so natural, I even have them in my office this winter... on harsh recording yes they sound harsh... as my Nad- Paradigm house set-up... with smooth recording they sound as smooth as silk...

I won't bash RCF, I didn't heard them... but your statement about Yamaha is totally wrong... sorry..

Thanks everyone for your input. I currently have RCF 312a(2) and a JBL PRX-618s XLF sub. it looks like moving to DSR 112 while louder is not that much louder? I need louder while still sweet sound like the 312a's are. Is my best solution RCF722a(2) or would another pair of RCF 312a do a job comparable to that in terms of volume?
    Last edited by DJAkash; 07-23-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    Need an amazing Video DJ that can Handle Indian and American, let's work together!

If you need to increase your overall output, you need to go to some louder tops. The RCF 722A's would work but at the same time you will also have to add another sub. Briansredd on YouTube owns both the RCF312A's and the 722's and he noted that the 722's highs were way to overpowering at lower volumes and those cabs definitely were for a high level SPL event.

You could add another pair of 312A's but that would simply give you the opportunity to gain 3dB due to doubling your power and give you more dispersion assuming you splayed them correctly. My advice would be to save up and purchase something like the 722's and another PRX sub but keep your 312's for less demanding events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rees
    Don't worry about it. Set them up, turn them on, listen to them, adjust if needed. No matter what you do, they're still going to sound like Eons