Heya, I'm looking for med/high-grade vinyl tables that have:
- 50%+/- capabilities. I'm gonna be grabbing a bunch of old-school hardcore vinyls, and the bpm in that genre ranges greatly (150 to 200+.)
- Good-great durability. These probably aren't gonna be leaving the bedroom for a long time, but I don't want a cheap, plastic piece of crap that will explode if I do so much as touch the platter.
- Reverse. Hey, why not? I'm open to new aspects of experimentation as a DJ.
- 78rpm. I'm not done compiling the list of 150+ vinyls that I'm gonna be grabbing yet, but I'm sure they will be coming in all... ...sizes.
- If cheap, crappy effects are detrimental to the quality of the table itself, I'm not interested.
The Vestax PDX-2000s look pretty cool, but those platters look quite elevated; maybe like they'd be a bit of a pain in the ass to scratch on. http://www.productwiki.com/upload/im..._2000_mkii.jpg Anyone have any experience with these?
The Stanton ST(r)-150s seem to be a pretty good bet, they seem to be the up-and-coming Techs of the modern-day scene, seeing as how Techs have been disconted.
I'm rather nervous about TTXs/the like, just because they have the word Numark on them. Is this a legitimate fear? I've seen good reviews, but... uuugh.
I don't remember distinctly, but I'm quite sure that only the highest models of Techs have ≈%50 options. That'd be way out of my price range.
Does anyone here know about other vinyl tables on the market that have what I need? Thanks!