Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Post your Ikea creations here

Really tempted to have a shot at making some Ikea salad bowl speakers.
    Full build cost is more than some cheap second hand speakers, and I'm sure any pro speaker designer would have kittens looking at a spherical design...
    But, meh, the missus likes spherial speakers, we already have an old rubbish pair. It could be an interesting project.

Last edited by pete; 01-04-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Still needs a bit of this and that, but it's a start....

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

im thinking of making a new ikea creation 2x kallax shelving units and 2x lack tv bench. making an extra long dj table cos i need extra vinyl storage. has any done this or got any input please?

Quote Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
    This is not entirely Ikea but id think it still qualifies.

Had the speakers sitting in storage and figured would be great legs. The pieces of wood between the two boards i bought from Lowes and spray painted with flat black paint (although in retrospect i should have gone with semi-gloss). The separation between the two boards raises it just to the perfect height for me so that i dont have to bend over the decks and also gives me space to put the headphones and records in while mixing. All the ikea stuff was bought AS IS so it all comes out to about $30.

The LED light is an American Audio one, if i had to do it again id get the Ikea LEDs that go for 39.99 each.

The Techs are custom MK2 with matte black paint and custom refurbish and tune up done by djlotus. He really did an amazing job and i like how it blends into the desk color tone (will post setup in action pics later).

those of you who are using these legs in between the kallax and the tabletop, are you screwing the legs in on both ends or are they just simply resting on the unit below?