Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vestax PMC-580 Rotary Fader Mod

Vestax PMC-580 Rotary Fader Mod

Another post that got lost when the old site went down, so I figured I'd put it back up.

Here's the custom rotary fader kit I made for my mixer, because Vestax doesn't make one.

Special thanks to Elliot Marx for helping me track down the right five-pin connector to mate with the mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by djpenguin View Post
    Another post that got lost when the old site went down, so I figured I'd put it back up.

Here's the custom rotary fader kit I made for my mixer, because Vestax doesn't make one.

Special thanks to Elliot Marx for helping me track down the right five-pin connector to mate with the mixer.
    Anyway you could show pics of inside of mixer or parts lists so i could try doing this mod but with my denon 1600? thanks

From experience of modding rotary into a non rotary mixer, I can tell u that seeing the inside of that mixer or a parts list will be almost useless to you being that you are trying to mod a completely different mixer. You would have better luck showing us the inside of your mixer for tips on how to mod it. The wiring, connectors, faders, etc.... Are all usually completely different between brands of mixers.

brichi is dead on. The DN-X1600 is a digital mixer with channel curve control, so it should be fairly easy to convert to rotary, as long as there's enough space inside. Take a photo of your mixer with the fader plate removed, and one channel fader removed too, and it will be easy to tell if there's enough room.

Quote Originally Posted by djpenguin View Post
    brichi is dead on. The DN-X1600 is a digital mixer with channel curve control, so it should be fairly easy to convert to rotary, as long as there's enough space inside. Take a photo of your mixer with the fader plate removed, and one channel fader removed too, and it will be easy to tell if there's enough room.
    Alright i will try uploading pics today

Still lovin' this mod Penguin , and I'd still like to try it on my 37 but I've run out of juice to start any new projects .

Damn, that's too bad about the 37. I was really looking forward to seeing a rotary conversion for that. I'm almost tempted to mod the one I have, but I'm in the middle of doing some other stuff to it already.

I found a couple of photos that I had a photographer friend take back in August. They don't show the InnoFader I installed since then, but they are much nicer than the photos from the old post.

looks nice, how did you know which pots to get? this was my biggest concern in doing the mod is that I would use the wrong ones and damage the mixer, Is that possible? I stayed with Pioneers kit from the 800 and added it to the djm900 so they were very close in resistance rating but what if you didn't have a place to start? thanks penguin for any info you can provide

I'm probably going to end up doing something like that to my 004. Need to look into that.

still love the mod! we had some talk about it, I wanted to mod my Ecler Nuo. but then the site went down and I didn't really look into it anymore.
    basically:
    you need a multimeter first. take out the faders and see if they're logarithmic or linear (easy to do with a multimeter, see what value it has on both ends, put the faderstem in the middle and if its linear the value on your multimeter should be somwhat in the middle as well)
    then you need to check what impedance it has and the tolerance (5 or 10%)

then I got stuck lol
    'George Clinton meeting Kraftwerk in an elevator'