Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Get What You're Worth!

Quote Originally Posted by DJMC View Post
    Sadly though -- MOST DJs do not carry backups! Just like 3/5 DJs do not carry Liability Insurance.

So -- for me -- INSURANCE & BACKUPS remain selling points!

For me, backup is a selling feature too. i know it is mandatory...should be...to ensure no mishaps and to protect your image.
    But this is an advantage you have on the other guys that do not have it. You are also offering security, piece of mind, added comfort, to the bride and groom. You still have to recover your equipment costs, so i just embed it the price.
    I'm not offering a package with backup equipment at a less price and a package with backup for more. no one would do that!.
    i'm simply advising the client that i have this benefit to offer.
    Last edited by Vegeta; 07-12-2012 at 11:45 AM.

You can use backups as a selling point but don't use it as an upgrade... Just tell them why it is absolutely needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    There is nothing wrong with subpar equipment, is there?
    The only thing that matters is that it is reliable and sounds good.
    ^^I don't think these two statements go together.^^ I would not associate the term subpar with "reliable" and "sound good."

P.S. If the equipment your using has bad reviews for major failures whether it is JBL, Bose, RCF, EAW, etc and you continue to use it as your front line equipment with no backup you will be paying big time for punitive negligence when it fails at a job.
    Bryan Sokoloskie * Socko Productions * (570)975-4333
    I help the little guy do that massive show they always dreamed about with my production team.

Quote Originally Posted by SockoPro View Post
    ^^I don't think these two statements go together.^^ I would not associate the term subpar with "reliable" and "sound good."

P.S. If the equipment your using has bad reviews for major failures whether it is JBL, Bose, RCF, EAW, etc and you continue to use it as your front line equipment with no backup you will be paying big time for punitive negligence when it fails at a job.
    I guess my interpretation of subpar is wrong. When I hear subpar, I usually assume average. But I guess the true definition of subpar is below standard.
    You are right. Typically, you don’t associate reliable and quality sound with subpar.
    But with that said, some people are doing just fine using subpar gear or used equipment.
    Equipment with bad reviews and failure problems should be classified as 'crap'...subpar doesn't always mean crap? It just means that you don't have the newest and latest technology, todays standards.
    Anyways, I still think no matter if you are using average gear or expensive, you are selling the service.
    As for backup, everyone should have that.

The business of business is business. If Djing for you is a business, then run it like a business.

Courtesy of ProAudioStar:

Comes in "sticker" form

- Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire