• Member Of The Month

February 2017 Member Of The Month is BillESC.

BillESC is our Member Of The Month for February because of his outstanding input & advice with sound & lighting. Bill has been around here for as long as I can remember helping & giving good quality, accurate advice on an almost daily basis.
    While Bill is not a DJ, he owns a sound & lighting company and has for many years. Bill has been an asset for this site & its members whether for basic or highly technical information in these area's. Whether you're needing advice for budget basic equipment or high end, top of the line sound & lighting, Bill always has a good, quality, accurate answer for you.

Bill offers retail sales & offers DJF discounts for our members, so ask Bill before buying elsewhere. i remember about 4 or 5 years ago, I bought a new light for my lighting rig & discussed it here. Bill joined the conversation & actually could have saved me money if I had bought the item from him through his discounts he offers our members. I felt like an idiot because;
    1) I didn't consult with a long standing member here who offers retail sales & discounts to us,
    2) because I could have gotten it at a lower price than going else where online.
    So, I didn't support a long standing member & paid a higher price for the equipment as well.

We ask Bill a few questions to answer & here is the info he provided:

What is the name of your company, where are you located & what are ways for people to contact you about your products & services?

Entertainment Systems Corporation
    210 Pine Reach Dr.
    Kilmarnock, VA 22482
    804-435-6858
    billesc1973@gmail.com

When did you first become interested in sound, lighting and video?
    Community theater 1965

What inspired you to pursue a business for this?
    Love backstage

How long have you been in business?
    44 years

What was your first equipment/services offered?
    Theatrical lighting design and sales

What equipment/services do you offer now now?
    Lighting, sound, rigging, soft goods, video

What do you do to continue to make yourself better in business after all this time?
    Read

What inspired you to continue to be an active member of DJF?
    I enjoy helping

Related to your business, what advice do you have for new DJ's with less than a year of experience?
    Ask questions and listen to the answers.

Related to your business, what experience have you gained that you would like to pass along to experienced DJ's with at least a year experience or more?
    Things change, don't stop learning

Congrats to BillESC & thanks for being here for us & thanks for your support for DJ Forums!
    Comments 8 Comments
      Dix -
      Thank you, Manu!
      KLH -
      Thank you, Manu! AWESOME article, Dixieland DJ!
      JackStalk -
      Congrats man, you!
      Manu -
      Hey, a bit early for January, but certainly thanking you guys
      Baller95 -
      Congrats!
      Dix -
      UPDATE: FEBRUARY MEMBER OF THE MONTH

BillESC is our Member Of The Month For February. You can see the publication & Bills discussions with us, here:
      http://www.djforums.com/forums/conte...r-Of-The-Month

Stop by & congradulate Bill! Let Bill know you appreciate what he does for DJ Forums & its members.
      KLH -
      Congratulations, BillESC! Well earned and deserved!
      pete -
      Cool ... Bill, he's forgotten more about sound&light than most people ever learn.
  • Recent Threads

tomaszp

Techno Sunday #31 mixed by Ta_Deck

Thread Starter: tomaszp

Hello all forum users !

I want tu share with You my newest Techno Sunday mix, it's next volume of my weekly podcast ! This time tracks

Last Post By: tomaszp Today, 03:52 AM Go to last post
    GodsDoctor

CALL OUT - Mixed genre - mini mix- TEST YOUR SKILLS

Thread Starter: GodsDoctor

RULES

Each DJ picks 2 songs (Depending how many join.) Any genre. Must be accesseble to all. Ie Free to download somewhere. Here's a start

Last Post By: seang Yesterday, 06:24 PM Go to last post
    delayed_flight

When your laptop crashes at DJ gig...

Thread Starter: delayed_flight

...how do you connect your mixer to an alternative audio source to keep music running?

Last Post By: pete 03-25-2017, 12:03 PM Go to last post
  • DJF Recent General Threads

Pri yon Joni

My rendition of Jazzy Jeff's Peter Piper routine on my cheap controller.

Thread Starter: Pri yon Joni

Last Post By: logisticalstyles 03-22-2017, 08:57 PM Go to last post
    Ramhua09

Fundamentals

Thread Starter: Ramhua09

Hi Guys,

What are the essentials when it comes to DJ'ing? like is there anything I should be learning about? I am currently learning to beatmatch,

Last Post By: monomer 03-22-2017, 10:55 PM Go to last post
a