• Numark Reveals iDJ Pro for iPad

With NAMM 2012 in the books, it wraps up another show of creative product designs mixed in with consumer gadgets. NAMM 2010 & 2011 were the marks of a new era with DJ and music production apps hitting the market such as TouchOSC, djay and iMaschine.

DJ on an iPad
    Last year Numark released a portable controller called the iDJ Live, which is a dedicated controller for the djay app by algoriddim that works on all iOS devices. Now in the DJ world, a product as such would be considered a toy. But realistically I looked at it as a stepping stone for something bigger, even though the iDJ Live is a great addition to an already well made dj app. A portable controller with an iOS device such as an iPhone or an iPad makes for a tempting on the go DJ setup for basic use. And my general thinking was, I would honestly buy it if they made a bigger and more realistic DJ size version with the proper features. And sure enough, Numark has now revealed the iDJ Pro.

It sports the normal features for a controller; capacitive touch platters, pitch control, volume knobs, crossfader, looping and browser controls. As well as a built-in audio interface for headphones and speakers, so no need for a splitter cable. If storage is an issue, you can also access your music collection over the cloud and also use AirPlay to stream the audio wirelessly to AirPlay compatible speakers.

The rumored pricing will be about $499. So if you don’t already have an iPad, the costs will add up and be in the range of a regular budget DJ setup. But if money is no object or you already have an iPad, then this as a perfect all in one solution for Bedroom or Mobile DJs looking to simplify the setup without the need of a laptop. No word yet on release date.
  • Recent Threads

MrScorpio's HOUSE FIRE Podcast #178 - Craig Mack Rest In Power - 16 Mar 2018

Thread Starter: MrScorpio

[House/Electronica/Beats/Hip Hop] MrScorpio's HOUSE FIRE Podcast #178 - Craig Mack Rest In Power - 16 Mar 2018

Mixcloud Stream: http://bit.ly/2GCD0SL

Last Post By: MrScorpio Yesterday, 05:29 PM Go to last post

I've read the beginners mega thread. I'd like to find hardware to CDJ FLAC and MP3etc

Thread Starter: Millennium

Hi All

As mentioned above, I've read the beginners megathread. I have decent output stage, DAC, headphones (though they are open back design

Last Post By: Manu Yesterday, 05:23 PM Go to last post

Is it really worth getting 2000 Nexus vs standard CDJ 2000s?

Thread Starter: yoyo21

Whats the key differences and do they matter in your opinion?

Last Post By: Manu 03-15-2018, 12:52 PM Go to last post