• general RSS Feed

by Published on 02-27-2012 08:38 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. general,
    3. news

A Collaboration between DJF and Dskreet.You asked for them, and here they are.DJF x Dskreet Slipmats.
    - Dye Sublimation Printing , will NOT damage your vinyl (FYI: Silkscreened printed mats can damage your vinyl)- Coated bottom for extra slickness - Great for Mixing and Scratching ...
    1. Categories:
    2. beginners

the dj mixer

In this installment of A Beginnerís Guide to Djing, we will continue on with the basics of the DJ mixer. It is pretty clear that mixer quality (and features) can be a big factor in what a DJ can do (not to undermine the quality of music sources, or any other necessary gear, of course). Mixers come in a great variety of shapes and styles, and the specific functionality (fancy features) can vary widely from mixer to mixer, save the very basic mixers. ...
    1. Categories:
    2. beginners

cd decks

In our last installment of the Beginner's Guide to DJing, we talked about the "standard" (for the past few decades) DJ tool, the turntable. As modern technology becomes more advanced, performing artists' options tend to increase. Not only do DJs benefit from technology, mainstream music, and "on the side" musicians benefit as well. In this edition of the guide, we are going to talk about the more recent addition to a DJ's arsenal, the CD (compact disc) ...
    1. Categories:
    2. beginners

turntables

In this edition of the Beginnerís Guide to DJing, we will be talking about things you need to know when you decide its time to buy your decks (slang for turntables). There are several features that are a must, and several features that depend on what your style of mixing asks for.

Belt driven v. Direct driveÖ whatís the difference?

There are two basic designs for the operation of the platter; belt driven and direct ...
    1. Categories:
    2. beginners

a beginner's guide to djing part 1

general

So you want to be a DJ, but have no clue what you're doing? Are you a complete noob? Well then, this article is for you. This is the first of a series or articles that will help explain some of the basic questions that seem to come up from time ...

• Recent Threads

maelstrom99

FS: Korg Minilogue, Vestax PDX 2000, Native Instruments z2 Mixer, Korg Minilogue

Thread Starter: maelstrom99

All very good condition PM me for pictures. Mixer comes with blue flight case, turntable has a case and shure m447 cart. Also some nice green colored

Last Post By: maelstrom99 Yesterday, 07:48 PM Go to last post
    lukepalmerrrr

How do people make tapping the cue button sound good?

Thread Starter: lukepalmerrrr

Hi all, this may be quite confusing if i dont explain it well but im going to try my best. When i see people doing sets and they press the cue button

Last Post By: lukepalmerrrr Yesterday, 05:01 PM Go to last post
    djmiracle

How far off being good am i?

Thread Starter: djmiracle

Hello all,

I've recently returned to dj'ng and producing (well trying).

I created this track on fl studio roughly about

Last Post By: djmiracle Yesterday, 05:06 AM Go to last post
  • DJF Recent General Threads

DJ Elevate

Mileage?

Thread Starter: DJ Elevate

Any folks keep track of this regularly for tax purposes? Do you need to really list odometer readings? Do you only count one-way trips or do you count

Last Post By: pete 03-18-2019, 02:24 PM Go to last post
    dubpunk

Boss de 20 space echo help

Thread Starter: dubpunk

HI, would anybody be able to advise me please .
    I am a vinyl only bedroom DJ , my set up is Technics 1210s ,ecler nuo 2 mixer-- which does have

Last Post By: dubpunk Yesterday, 06:50 AM Go to last post
a