• recording RSS Feed

1. Categories:
    2. recording

Setting up to record your mixes

One of the key elements in furthering your career as a DJ is creating mix tapes, or demo CDs. You could be the best bedroom DJ in the world, but if you have no means to let people hear your skills, you’ll never make it. Unfortunately, recording a mix isn’t exactly simple. First off, there’s the medium you want to record too, minidisc, tape, or CD. Tapes and minidiscs are much easier to record too, but CDs are more widely used, and (compared to standard tapes) sound much better. Secondly, there’s how you want to record it. Many people use computers, others minidiscs, some use CD recorders. Finally, there’s the issue of getting the music stream to the recording ...
    1. Categories:
    2. recording,
    3. general

This tutorial is for anyone who is converting their vinyl to digital format to use on CD players or with Final Scratch or Serato, to upload their vinyl tracks to .mp3/.wav (or other formats) to edit, remix, etc.., or just to have and to listen or for any other purposes.

First Off, I would recommend cleaning ...

• Recent Threads

Jay Etienne

What do i have to do to not be a new member anymore?

Thread Starter: Jay Etienne

I started djing a few months ago and have been focusing on just learning basic mixing and wanted some opinions on my transitions to see what i'm doing

Last Post By: KLH Today, 04:21 PM Go to last post
    DJ Que Yi

MBP17” Late 2011 16G Ram 750G HD may need a new logic board

Thread Starter: DJ Que Yi

Hello everyone,

My MBP decided to not boot up yesterday and left me with a grey screen. I tried all the resets and finally just took to my

Last Post By: DJ Que Yi Today, 03:40 PM Go to last post
    Manu

Mixcloud deleted my mix

Thread Starter: Manu

So I had to mail back of course. Because as it turns out, I produced this with a Creative Commons licence. And it's all been mixed together to sound like

Last Post By: Manu Today, 03:30 PM Go to last post
  • DJF Recent General Threads

DJ Que Yi

MBP17” Late 2011 16G Ram 750G HD may need a new logic board

Thread Starter: DJ Que Yi

Hello everyone,

My MBP decided to not boot up yesterday and left me with a grey screen. I tried all the resets and finally just took to my

Last Post By: DJ Que Yi Today, 03:40 PM Go to last post
    Manu

Mixcloud deleted my mix

Thread Starter: Manu

So I had to mail back of course. Because as it turns out, I produced this with a Creative Commons licence. And it's all been mixed together to sound like

Last Post By: Manu Today, 03:30 PM Go to last post
    mojo_scotland

How old is too-old to DJ nightclubs ?

Thread Starter: mojo_scotland

Just something i had a conversation with someone recently.

These are COMMERCIAL NIGHTCLUBS playing chart, edm, RnB etc

Last Post By: KLH Today, 04:25 PM Go to last post
    Joe121

How is called he who only holds the mic and push people to dance without DJing?

Thread Starter: Joe121

Hello,
    I have seen in some clubs and parties sometimes a person holding the microphone and just saying things like: put your hands up, ladies and

Last Post By: mitchiemasha Today, 12:12 AM Go to last post
a