• recording RSS Feed

1. Categories:
    2. recording

Setting up to record your mixes

One of the key elements in furthering your career as a DJ is creating mix tapes, or demo CDs. You could be the best bedroom DJ in the world, but if you have no means to let people hear your skills, you’ll never make it. Unfortunately, recording a mix isn’t exactly simple. First off, there’s the medium you want to record too, minidisc, tape, or CD. Tapes and minidiscs are much easier to record too, but CDs are more widely used, and (compared to standard tapes) sound much better. Secondly, there’s how you want to record it. Many people use computers, others minidiscs, some use CD recorders. Finally, there’s the issue of getting the music stream to the recording ...
    1. Categories:
    2. recording,
    3. general

This tutorial is for anyone who is converting their vinyl to digital format to use on CD players or with Final Scratch or Serato, to upload their vinyl tracks to .mp3/.wav (or other formats) to edit, remix, etc.., or just to have and to listen or for any other purposes.

First Off, I would recommend cleaning ...

• Recent Threads

RestUnknown

Quality of music going down?

Thread Starter: RestUnknown

I've always liked a good electro house song. But lately when going through the top 100 of electro house of beatport, all the songs are absolutely sh**.

Last Post By: JackStalk Today, 03:54 PM Go to last post
    Crushgroove

Love me right - afterhours

Thread Starter: Crushgroove

First time in a while that I've been able to sit and complete a track in a day.... Hope

Last Post By: Crushgroove Yesterday, 10:05 PM Go to last post
    Dix

Facebook & advertising changes

Thread Starter: Dix

So, if I understand this right (there are many different articles & news reports on this), FB is going to get more & more away from news feed

Last Post By: Dix Yesterday, 09:54 PM Go to last post
  • DJF Recent General Threads

RestUnknown

Quality of music going down?

Thread Starter: RestUnknown

I've always liked a good electro house song. But lately when going through the top 100 of electro house of beatport, all the songs are absolutely sh**.

Last Post By: JackStalk Today, 03:54 PM Go to last post
    Dix

Facebook & advertising changes

Thread Starter: Dix

So, if I understand this right (there are many different articles & news reports on this), FB is going to get more & more away from news feed

Last Post By: Dix Yesterday, 09:54 PM Go to last post
    steveryan

Mixer with a Gain Meter

Thread Starter: steveryan

Why is it that no manufacturer has yet to produce a mixer with a Gain Meter??

Seems like a useful thing to me...

DJ's are

Last Post By: steveryan Yesterday, 04:21 PM Go to last post
    VJ LouNYC

Retired DJ's Man Cave

Thread Starter: VJ LouNYC

I retired from DJing over a year ago. I kept my turntables and sold my Rane 64 mixer and purchased a Rane MP2015. I always wanted a rotary mixer and

Last Post By: VJ LouNYC 01-14-2018, 10:11 AM Go to last post
a