• recording RSS Feed

1. Categories:
    2. recording

Setting up to record your mixes

One of the key elements in furthering your career as a DJ is creating mix tapes, or demo CDs. You could be the best bedroom DJ in the world, but if you have no means to let people hear your skills, youíll never make it. Unfortunately, recording a mix isnít exactly simple. First off, thereís the medium you want to record too, minidisc, tape, or CD. Tapes and minidiscs are much easier to record too, but CDs are more widely used, and (compared to standard tapes) sound much better. Secondly, thereís how you want to record it. Many people use computers, others minidiscs, some use CD recorders. Finally, thereís the issue of getting the music stream to the recording ...
    1. Categories:
    2. recording,
    3. general

This tutorial is for anyone who is converting their vinyl to digital format to use on CD players or with Final Scratch or Serato, to upload their vinyl tracks to .mp3/.wav (or other formats) to edit, remix, etc.., or just to have and to listen or for any other purposes.

First Off, I would recommend cleaning ...

• Recent Threads

newdawnfades

New to DJ-ing. Using Virtual DJ and laptop have a long set coming up to 100 people.

Thread Starter: newdawnfades

Hi and firstly this is my first post as I joined today.

Basically I messed around with Virtual DJ in the past but not to any degree of

Last Post By: Manu Today, 06:27 AM Go to last post
    Pri yon Joni

unboxing and trying out the Pioneer XPRS15 active speaker

Thread Starter: Pri yon Joni

Last Post By: Pri yon Joni Today, 04:21 AM Go to last post
    Pri yon Joni

video explaining Serato DJ licences

Thread Starter: Pri yon Joni

I see a lot of confusion on some groups and forums regarding whether their hardware works with Serato or not, and also why one application works while

Last Post By: Pri yon Joni Today, 04:20 AM Go to last post
  • DJF Recent General Threads

Moise

How to promote mixes?

Thread Starter: Moise

I have read a bunch of articles and posts about how to promote your mixes, but i would like to find more channels like for example where can i showcase

Last Post By: shinfish Today, 12:54 AM Go to last post
    DJ Matt

Small portable DJ backup options?

Thread Starter: DJ Matt

what would be the smallest most portable options for providing music backup?

i bring a spare laptop with me, but looking to travel lighter.

Last Post By: bumpyjonas 06-14-2018, 08:48 PM Go to last post
a