• Recent Forum Posts

mix4fix

Does a setup make a DJ?

Which was what I was referring to. You are only as good as your weakest link.

Now, the person themselves could be the weak link; but, that's

mix4fix Yesterday, 11:53 PM Go to last post
    B.Major

Does a setup make a DJ?

Yes Yellit ! I totally agree with you on that one, but having proper equipment does help a lot in my experiences.

B.Major Yesterday, 07:06 PM Go to last post
    nichlaes

Track ID

Hi all!

I recently went to two gigs with MORTEN. Both times he played this sick remix of Deorro vs MAKJ - READY!

The 2nd

nichlaes 09-23-2017, 10:31 AM Go to last post
    Manu

Does a setup make a DJ?

You did not read what I wrote around that picture. The mixer is a Xone:92 coupled with 2x Xone:1D and 2x Xone:4D

Manu 09-23-2017, 06:02 AM Go to last post
    Yellit

Does a setup make a DJ?

Might be a solid set up - but that doesn't necessarily make the person a good DJ

Yellit 09-22-2017, 08:11 PM Go to last post
  • DJF Art Promo

• Published on 09-30-2003 10:42 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. general,
    3. articles

excerpt from the book bedroom dj

Preface

Bedroom DJ, set for a late October release in the United States and currently available in the UK, is an autobiography no DJ should miss. Written by Piper Terrett, Bedroom DJ, is ...
    by Published on 07-16-2003 09:54 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. articles

The History of Electronic Dance Music

When I mention electronic dance music, the first thing that comes to many people’s minds is the constant “boom boom boom” of your average house track, or maybe the “bleeps and boops” of a techno track. What they don’t realize is that electronic music has been a rather large part of musical ...
    Published on 03-16-2003 10:39 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. articles

a basic of electronic genres

House <

Generated out of disco music in New York and Chicago in the mid-1980's, by 1990, house had blitzkrieged Europe, revolutionizing and spawning modern-era club culture in the process. House epitomizes electronic dance grooves, and is probably more mainstream and widely accepted than any other of type of DJ music today. Characterized by groovy 4/4 beat tempos, and swinging upbeat harmonies, house can cover a lot of territory, from disco house, to acid house to Latin and French house, it is perhaps the most versatile of all electronic music genres, ranging in style from deep, to hardcore to progressive.

Old School Pioneer: Frankie ...
    Published on 02-12-2003 10:37 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. articles

The creation of rave music has created confusing definitions and additions of unnecessary sub genres to the electronic music industry. The commodity structure of raves today have created a standardized form of yet another mainstream culture controlled by global ...

a