• DJF Art Promo

• by Published on 07-16-2012 04:51 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. general,
    3. interviews,
    4. news

Who or what made you first say ďI NEED to be doing that!Ē when it came to DJing? How long have you been at it?

I moved to Colorado in 1996. Thatís when I met a guy named Mike Moen aka DJ EK77. He was the first person to show me a DMC battle video, and I was instantly hooked! [It's been] 16 years now, and I donít plan on ever stopping.
    by Published on 08-01-2006 11:45 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. interviews

Djforums and Myself (Stripe) would like to thank Chris Bohn for taking the time out of his schedule and doing this interview.

About Chris:
    Los Angeles native Chris Bohn, is still only 26 years old, but has played alongside a list of names that reads like a who's who of world dj'ing. He has held down residencies all over the US, and its very easy to see why this guy commands so much respect, for what he can do to the dancefloor, with his mixing...in his mixing! Now the co-founder of the fastest growing domestic label, ATEL Records, Chris is making his mark on the music scene world wide. With an array of critically acclaimed hits on the top of the charts for both sales and radio play he is now becoming a staple in electronic music.

Discography
    Chris Bohn - Dirty - ATEL
    Chris Bohn - The Dreamer - ATEL
    Chris Bohn and Jeff ...
    Published on 08-15-2005 11:30 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. interviews

Djforums and Myself (Random Beat) would like to thank Mic One for taking the time out of his busy schedule and doing this interview and a special guest spot on faderwave.

About Mike:
    Dj Mic One began playing in late 1999 working his way up through the South East party and club scene. He became a well known fixture in most of the weekly and monthly events in his home town Knoxville Tennessee. He has opened for the likes of Keoki, George Acosta, Gray Area, Deepsky, and many others. As of late he is a resident dj at the ever growing Fairbanks after hours night every Saturday,and the recently renovated Electric Ballroom on Tuesday nights. Along with the club gigs he frequently works on new production, and co-hosts a weekly radio show on 90.3 FM wutk radio.

Questions:
    1. At what point in your life did you realize you wanted to be a club dj?
    Mic One: It started ...
    Published on 02-05-2005 02:19 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. interviews

djforums would like to thank Shorty fom SBS for taking time out of his busy schedule to sit down with us.

DJF: Some history about you. Where are you from? How did you first get into this biz? What was your first job? How did you learn about this industry?

SHORTY: I am originally from Brooklyn, now I live in New Jersey.

When I was younger, I was involved in consumer hi-fi systems and car audio, where I worked for a shop. It was at these places where I learned about audio systems. Everything I know was self taught. I was also interested in dance music clubs and that sort of thing, and this is how I became aware of higher end sound systems.

I then started work for small installation company in jersey and I used to DJ. Some of the clubs I played at were worked on by this company. This was around 1988.
    Published on 12-15-2003 02:12 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. interviews

djforums would like to thank Chris Liebing for taking time out of his busy schedule to sit down with us, and Invasian Media for making the interview possible.

December 15,2003: Chris Liebing / djforums interview

DJF: How was your performance at Arc, NYC this weekend?
    CL: I was very happy with the crowd.

DJF: How did you get into the music business?
    CL: The early stage I was listening to music and collecting records to listen to. ...
    Published on 03-28-2003 11:37 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. interviews

djforums would like to thank ej20 and Charles Feelgood for making the interview possible.
    March 28,2003: Charles Feelgood / djforums interview

DJF: When did you know you wanted to be a Profession Club DJ?
    DJ Feelgood: It didn't start out that way, I just wanted to play records and it ended up being my job! Pretty fun job eh?

DJF: Who influenced you as a DJ and recording artist?
    DJ Feelgood: I think my first memories of a DJ was Wayne Davis. He is the owner of the Paradox where Fever takes place. I used to watch him all the time! I also like to hear Teddy Douglas of the Basement Boys.

DJF: ...

a