PDA

View Full Version : mixer gain set at 0 but still sound from speakers

spori
06-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Hi people, need some help here,

I just realized that my mixer is acting weird today. When I set the channel gain knobs at 0 there is still sound coming out of the speakers (the knobs are functional, when i turn them the gain goes up normally).
At first i thought that maybe there is a problem with the one channel but the same issue goes on the other one as well.
Everything else is ok and the low/med/high kill buttons/faders/master volume can kill the sound.
The problem is there both with the external sound card and without it.
Yesterday I connected a Kaossilator Pro on the one channel although I dont think it has to do with that.

Anyone got any ideas or had this happening to them?? I am abroad right now and got a small gig next week so I cant get it to service!!

Mixer is an American Audio Q-D5 MKII and (probably irrelevant) I got an Audio 4dj and 2x1210s on it.

DTR
06-28-2012, 04:17 AM
That's normal for some mixers. Is it actually giving you problems or is it somethign you just happened to notice?

spori
06-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Thanks for replying. I've been using this mixer for 2 months now and I'd swear that setting gain at 0 would kill the sound! I can't believe that after a daily use for 2 months I just noticed now. It doesn't give a big problem but it is helpful to kill the sound with the gain sometimes. Maybe someone who has the same mixer sees that and can give me a heads up on the issue?

Estacy
06-28-2012, 06:18 AM
most mixers dont kill the sound with the gain all the way down.