PDA

View Full Version : MASS text Marketing

Djmike209
02-09-2012, 12:48 PM
This year I started a new way to market to past/future and current clients and fans. So far its been a great success.

Here is the low down: For wedding shows I created a "VIP Club" for brides to join. I gave a $25-$50 discount just for joining the club. Some used the discount to book their event. I used a QR for easy joining. Now that I have their contact info I send text blast every once in a while with specials that I only offer to VIP members.

The marketing aspects are endless. You can capture email address and cell numbers. Its a great marketing tool. No other DJ in my area had it!

If i'm out and about and run out of cards I simply tell them to text nolimitsdjs to 55469 and BOOM they now have my contact info on their phones and have access to my mobile site (which is provided with the service) and I now have their cell number to send them text.

There is also a feature to text to screen: People are able to text a keyword and their messages will appear on a video screen. Great for schools or concert events.
Here is the website to join: [link removed] - if you have any question about the service let me know. I can tell you more!

Sween
02-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Spamming your clients. Great idea!

Sorry for being so negative but that is how I see it. I would unsubscribe after the first "blast".

You call it VIP, I call it spam. Tomato Tomaato...

Djmike209
02-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I usually send out a blast once or twice a month. Those who don't want the info can unsubscribe. From the last show we got 98 numbers, so far 19 have unsubscribed. I send out this months "VIP special" and got 2 booking as a response.

Sween
02-09-2012, 01:28 PM
The thing I hate nowadays is nothing is sacred anymore...

It used to be telemarketers calling on your home phone...
Then emails, I bought something from Proflowers once and now they spam me every goddamn day!
Adware crashes computers everyday!
Cellphones used to be off limits because people pay per call or text... but now my cellphone is being invaded too!

I even hear since people can fast forward DVR's through commercials now so they are coming up with technology to MAKE you watch the commercials!

Djmike209
02-09-2012, 01:33 PM
haha...trust me I see your point.
Nothing worse then trying to watch a video online and have to sit though a 30 second ad.

But I see it two ways. In not forcing them to do it. They can opt out.

JGeffen
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Yeh, the question is if they know they're opting in to something when they scan that QR code. I didn't. You basically are charging them money to receive your ad. That's shit.

Djmike209
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeh, the question is if they know they're opting in to something when they scan that QR code. I didn't. You basically are charging them money to receive your ad. That's shit.

huh? I don't follow.... its no different then going to your favorite restaurant and signing up for their "burger of the month club" if you don't want to then don't. that simple

DJMC
02-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Hey Mike,

I'm not going to be the negative nelly here -- your VIP club idea wouldn't work in MY neck of the woods....But:

in the Central Valley (south of Lodi) -- things are different-- unemployment is 16% and you have a high number of ethnic groups where English is a second language!

In certain socio-economic zones, this VIP club would be a very effective way to market.