PDA

View Full Version : RIP Pendulum

Dantron
06-18-2012, 04:40 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s3526471.htm

I'm sure Deinfamous is in mourning.

Doppelganger
06-19-2012, 01:38 AM
"I guess we'd been doing Pendulum for ten years and that's a pretty long time to be doing anything I guess. We were still playing tracks like 'Blood Sugar' that we made when we were 18 or 19. To still be doing that 10 years later, it just felt like time to do something else.

Bollocks! There are countless successful musicians who are still performing the songs that made them famous even longer than 10 years ago. In truth its probably "drum n bass isn't as hip/profitable as it used to be compared to dubstep now".

Also that knife party track is horrendous. Just sounds like a really bad pendulum dubstep track to me.

Kingbob182
06-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Saw Pendulum twice and loved every second of it. Theire Voodoo people remix was what really caught my attention a while back and I've been following them ever since.
Sad to see them get rid of that side of things but I've been enjoying a few knife party tracks.

DTR
06-19-2012, 02:32 AM
I can't even remember the last time I heard Pendulum.

The Blackest
06-19-2012, 06:09 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s3526471.htm

I'm sure Deinfamous is in mourning.

HA!

Bollocks! There are countless successful musicians who are still performing the songs that made them famous even longer than 10 years ago. In truth its probably "drum n bass isn't as hip/profitable as it used to be compared to dubstep now".

Also that knife party track is horrendous. Just sounds like a really bad pendulum dubstep track to me.

Thats because it is. Whatever, I am glad that I no longer have to worry about whether someone is going to play a new Pendulum tune on their radio show now(Radio 1, KissFM, 1xtra, etc). I think Knife Party is coming to my area soon. I'm kinda tempted to hit up the promoter to get on the list so that I can throw rotten tomatoes and whatever rancid things I can get my hands on at em.

Blueprint
06-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't think this even belongs in the dnb forum, if we had a rock forum i guess it'd be there.

pendulum "broke-up" with dnb a long long time ago.

CC Ricers
06-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Still weirds me out that 2/3s of what's basically Pendulum is pretty famous on local radio (consider that I'm from the US), but not for the reasons I expected.

YungVendrixDNB
06-19-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't think this even belongs in the dnb forum, if we had a rock forum i guess it'd be there.

pendulum "broke-up" with dnb a long long time ago.
This is true. And tbh, I don't think anything they did will ever match Hold Your Colour.

Carter
06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
I stopped paying attention to Pendulum in 2007. I listened to some of their new stuff between then and now and it was all just throwaway pop fodder garbage.

Rather meaningless "break up." They just dropped the only respectable member of Pendulum and changed their name to Knife Party. Here's to hoping El Hornet embraces his darker roots and starts making good dnb again.

tekno_violet
06-22-2012, 04:13 AM
That centipede track sounds like old Pendulum with a dubstepy twist.. Wtf are they talking about?

Their Dj is the shit though IMO.

Divercity
06-22-2012, 04:40 AM
They shall live on through Knife party!! :teef:

Carter
06-22-2012, 05:43 AM
That centipede track sounds like old Pendulum with a dubstepy twist.. Wtf are they talking about?

Their Dj is the shit though IMO.

Their DJ would be El Hornet, the guy who isn't a part of Knife Party. I've never seen Pendulum live but I've listened to several of El Hornet's mixes and never been disappointed... he's usually on a nice tech/neuro tip.

Doppelganger
06-22-2012, 05:01 PM
I've listened to several of El Hornet's mixes and never been disappointed... he's usually on a nice tech/neuro tip.

Care to enlighten me to some please? :D

Carter
06-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Care to enlighten me to some please? :D

Here's one... all vinyl mix, tunes range from 98 to 2003.

http://soundcloud.com/elhornet/el-hornet-drum-and-bass

mars.shosh1n
06-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Man, I fuckin hate that wonky crappity crappy crap. Shit!

(that knife party link, haven't checked that all vinyl mix yet, but sounds good in theory :squint:)

infektidlogik
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Seriously that was a bad move.. Dubstep will fade out soon then what? Back to pendulum? Once something becomes a trend it tends to die out quick.. Pendulum wasn't a trend cause 14 year old girls didnt like dnb that much.. tell me how many times you went a a mall in the u.s. and seen a Pendulum T-Shirt? It's okay alot of people sell out and tend to follow what ever is big at the moment. If they wanted to go dub should've just did set me on fire for 10 tracks straight on the knife party album, cause that sounds alot better then the crap there tossing now.. + Give Skrillex his stupid samples back and go back to Live Full Band Sets! Hell atleast Diesel Boy and Hive Are still sticking to there roots.

Carter
07-11-2012, 11:28 PM
People have been saying dubstep is a dying trend since like 2008. It's not going anywhere. People said disco was a trend at one time.

Dieselboy is still doing dnb, but he's pushing dubstep A LOT. Many dnb artists are and have been for some time and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm not much of a dubstep fan myself, though I do like some of the darker and techy type of dubstep, so don't take it like I'm defending dubstep or something. People who make music can and should make whatever music they want.

steeevo
07-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Since hold your colour they have been pretty rubbish in my opinion, i bought in silico after hold your colour and was very dissapointed. its as if they follow whats hot at the moment, as they went from dnb to rock to dupstep. i dont care much for them but still love listening to hold your colour.

im not in to dubstep but there are a few dubstep tunes i like. i dont get all the love for skrillex/knife party kinda tunes but if you listen to burial. that is real dubstep in my eyes

Carter
07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Since hold your colour they have been pretty rubbish in my opinion, i bought in silico after hold your colour and was very dissapointed. its as if they follow whats hot at the moment, as they went from dnb to rock to dupstep. i dont care much for them but still love listening to hold your colour.

im not in to dubstep but there are a few dubstep tunes i like. i dont get all the love for skrillex/knife party kinda tunes but if you listen to burial. that is real dubstep in my eyes
I agree. El Hornet was the only one into drum n bass before Pendulum formed and the main one who influenced Pendulum's sound in their early days. The other two, who have now formed Knife Party, were rock musicians and more tuned in to popular music. As time went on, I think we saw the influence swing more from El Hornet to the other guys... ultimately leading to them breaking off from El Hornet and only doing Knife Party now.

Hopefully El Hornet keeps doing tracks with guys like Gridlok and other artists. He does well when he goes with that dark and grimey feel.

Flacito
07-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Pendulum died a long time ago