PDA

View Full Version : Question for the MyDMX gurus:

JPelli73
06-18-2012, 10:06 AM
I did my first 2 gigs this weekend with my new Q-spot 260s controlled by MyDMX. Overall, I'm very happy with both the lights and the software. I do have one software question, though.

I've created a bunch of scenes using the "generator" function of MyDMX. I have all of the gobos, colors, shutter, dimmer, etc set just the way I want them. However, what I'm finding is that the X, Y, and focus settings change from venue to venue as I can never tell in advance what the relationship will be between the lights and the dance floor, ceiling, cake table, entry doors, or whatever else I'm aiming the lights at.

Is there a way I can globally and quickly change the X, Y, and focus settings without having to go through and manually change all of the other settings (gobo, color, brightness, etc) for each step in the scene? In other words, if I've set up a pattern where the movers go through and hit 10 random points on the dance floor during a scene, it's saved by the generator function as 10 different steps. Is there a way I can just change X, Y, and focus for those 10 points without having to go and re-set all the other parameters (which I don't want to change)?

Does that make sense? In other words, I want to get to the venue and say "the corners of the dance floor are here, here, here, and here- GO!"

Pelli

Nick_EventPro
06-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I wish I could be of more help. We don't use MyDMX, but I can tell you this feature does exist in some control solutions. We use Lightjockey and globally update cues to do exactly what you're describing here. So it's "possible" in the world of lighting control, but I'm not sure if it is with MyDMX... sorry I can't be more helpful.

BillESC
06-18-2012, 11:46 AM
If your software has a "Home" feature, you should be able to set the "Home" value at each venue and the rest of the cues will respond in a relative manner.

trauma11
06-20-2012, 10:55 AM
When setting up your Macros, add buttons for live adjustment of any variables you think you might need to change. Same as you would for movements, color, or gobo changes.

disclaimer: Never used MyDMX, this would be standard for just about any software given what I've gathered from your OP.