PDA

View Full Version : Scratch mixer

ser182
06-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I have been struggling on picking a mix to replace my M2. It seems the good mixers with effects lack a good scratch fader and visversa. Denon x600 good effects but bad cross fader. A&h db2 with great effects but bad cross fader. Rane 61 no effects engine and lack of cue points at a 1400 price tag.
If I did get the 61 I would still need divers or the denon hc 1000 controller. Now if I want to use my iPad for a sampler can it be connected? How many inputs does it really have. I am confused by specs. Thanks for your and my venting.

djpenguin
06-16-2012, 08:56 PM
You're kind of all over the map there.

Why don't you state what your budget is, that will make it a lot easier to figure out what your options are realistically. For instance, if you can go to $825, you could buy a DN-X600 and a nice Innofader to go with it.

ser182
06-16-2012, 11:58 PM
The limit is not really the question. I spin hiphop but wanted to bring FX into my mix. But there is not a mixer that does both. Like is said, every mixer does only something good. I would like to use the 61 but then I will have get dicers or hc 1000 for my cue points. Is the denon x600 faders replaceable? How about the A&H db2(faders)?

sephi
06-17-2012, 03:43 AM
What's your budget?

You could go up to the 62, which is basically a 57 with an HC1000 and an effects unit built in, plus other controls and perks (e.g., dual USB inputs). All three faders are magnetic non-contact, ergo practically indestructible. It's a scratch monster, plus it has effects and filters that don't require a laptop, and it has enough controls that you never need to touch the laptop for track selection, cues, samples, loops, etc. in Scratch Live. Your iPad could run on the AUX IN channel. Honestly, the 62 sounds like what you're looking for. About $1800 from AGIProDJ.com. A pretty penny, but it has been worth it.

Otherwise, I would either get an Allen&Heath and replace the fader(s); or get an Ecler, Rane, or some other scratch mixer and buy an external effects unit, along with either Dicers or the HC1000.

And by that I really mean I'd get the 62. Because that's what I did. :B

richard stringer
06-18-2012, 02:14 PM
The ultimate scratch mixer in my opinion is the Rodec Scratchbox. I've owned more than 30 dj mixers including Rane, Allen & Heath etc..I've now got one myself and can say the Scratchbox is better than any of them. The sound quality is better than the Rane TTM56 even, the crossfade is awesome and suprising to me is how unbelievably clear and pristine the headphone amplifier is.

Boomcie
06-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Dude are you a Rodec rep or something?

richard stringer
06-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Ha ha ha, no, i'd never heard of Rodec before last year, this year I was looking for a new dj mixer and found one come up for sale used at an amazing price so I bought it, expecting to have it for a while until I could buy myself a Rane TTM56 but after having used it for the first hour I didn't want a TTM56 anymore. They're expensive new but you might be able to find one for a decent price used, but I can honestly say they're fully worth every penny whether you buy them new or used, definately the best mixer i've ever used.

ser182
06-30-2012, 12:46 AM
That's the problem there is not a good mixer that does everything well. Decided to put the new mixer on the back burner and bought a Denon HC1000. Worth the loot. Like the ease of using it right. Out the box. Too bad it could not control the serato effects.
I have a Numark M2, can replace the fader for cutting?

DJ CirKutCision
06-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Sure, slap an Innofader in it!

Here's a video of DJ Rayted R tearing it up on an Innofaded Numark M1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J9xi-Qk6d4

You're going to need the Pro model to be able to use it in your M2.

http://www.agiprodj.com/audio-innovate-innofader-pro-crossfader.html

Dj Pudgey
07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
I am currently using a Vestax PMC37 and a Serato SL3 box. Im not to into the FX as of yet, but I have 2 Aux sends/Returns that I can engage pre or post. For me, its the best of both worlds!!

ser182
08-30-2012, 10:59 PM
I just up****** my thread.
Been using the Denon HC1000 ( for effects) for over two months and it works very good. I can controll my cue points and use it to control the effects in Serato. It has a learning curve or more like memory curve. As long as you keep using it, it will become second nature.