PDA

View Full Version : about sarching

SLORE_IVC
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM
what kind of track i need to put on the Channel (left and right)
to do somshing like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXdVnDVjSL8&feature=related
i saw thet he make the sarching on only one Channel

Rick_N
02-09-2012, 04:35 PM
You can put any track on either left or right channel and then you either need a scratch record or some vocal samples to use to scratch with on the table that doesnt have a track playing on it. You can use the crossfader to switch between track and scratch vocals or samples over the beat you have playing.

But, if your wondering how to scratch, thats a whole different topic. It takes time a dedication. You can start by looking at some of qberts or dj angelos turtorial vids on youtube to get you started. Those are pretty good to begin with and to wrap your head around some of the basics.

Oh and please work on your spelling, your making my head hurt between this post and others. Its really not that hard.

DjFloMatic
02-09-2012, 11:03 PM
what kind of track i need to put on the Channel (left and right)
to do somshing like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXdVnDVjSL8&feature=related
i saw thet he make the sarching on only one Channel

I'm not usually one to complain about spelling as I'm not always the most proper but DAMN!!!:eek:

Anyway like Rick said doesn't matter what channel the track is on you "scratch" either side. If you are looking to learn try starting out by only playing from 1 channel with no background music, try finding a acapella.

SLORE_IVC
02-10-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm not usually one to complain about spelling as I'm not always the most proper but DAMN!!!:eek:

Anyway like Rick said doesn't matter what channel the track is on you "scratch" either side. If you are looking to learn try starting out by only playing from 1 channel with no background music, try finding a acapella.

sow i need to put the acapala on one side and the instrumental on ather side?

DjFloMatic
02-10-2012, 12:58 AM
sow i need to put the acapala on one side and the instrumental on ather side?

Yes pretty much but I would start with just using the acapella..

SLORE_IVC
02-10-2012, 05:44 AM
You can put any track on either left or right channel and then you either need a scratch record or some vocal samples to use to scratch with on the table that doesnt have a track playing on it. You can use the crossfader to switch between track and scratch vocals or samples over the beat you have playing.

But, if your wondering how to scratch, thats a whole different topic. It takes time a dedication. You can start by looking at some of qberts or dj angelos turtorial vids on youtube to get you started. Those are pretty good to begin with and to wrap your head around some of the basics.

Oh and please work on your spelling, your making my head hurt between this post and others. Its really not that hard.

oh can you give me link for the turtorial ?
and english isnt my speek Language

Rick_N
02-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Heres one, and he has lots more so just search around his page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Yu5WvnB6o

SLORE_IVC
02-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Heres one, and he has lots more so just search around his page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Yu5WvnB6o

tanks and one more qesthens can i do good sacrhing with cuntroler traktor S2?

Sigma
02-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Start out with the basics. The video you posted is from a DMC competitor. It's gonna take you a looooong time to get that good.

Either use a beat looper or get some instrumentals that you like to scratch over, then get hold of some samples to cut up.

I wrote a scratching guide for beginners on the old site, but unfortunately it was lost when the site went down, but here's the scratches I recommend you learn first: -

Baby
Chirp
Tear
Drag
Transformer
Marches
Forwards
Stabs

You can find tutorials for all of those on YouTube, but don't try and run before you can walk. Being able to do a clean baby scratch is what makes more advanced scratches like 2-click flare orbits sound nice and clean too, which is why it's important to begin with the basics, plus, the best scratchers combine simple and more complex scratches in their freestyles - it's not all about how hard a scratch is to do!