PDA

View Full Version : Another Hip Hop Forum Bites the Dust

rchecka
06-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Don't know how many heads in here are familiar with the Justus League and their forum the Lawn, but they keeled over... Read More (http://officialperiodic.blogspot.com/2012/06/death-of-forum-pt2-justus-league-hip.html)

What do you guys think?
What forums do you think are "too big to fail"?
This forum caught up from the down time quickly, but the DJF Hip Hop sub forum still as a few days where nothing but crickets is going on.
Is this a phenomenon at other forums too? If so, name names.

Sigma
06-15-2012, 04:38 PM
I think any forum can be brought back from the dead but the longer it's down, the more people you're likely to lose. A lot of people that used to visit here are posting on other sites and it's definitely not the same as it was before, but it was down for months. It seems almost pointless posting in the Mix Submissions section now, yet on the old site this is one place where I'd always get a decent amount of responses to my mixes. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

rchecka
06-15-2012, 05:35 PM
It seems almost pointless posting in the Mix Submissions section now, yet on the old site this is one place where I'd always get a decent amount of responses to my mixes. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

Agreed, that entire mix submission forum is all about uploading not about downloading. No one wants to actually listen to anyones mixes, that's too bad.

It doesn't help that 90 percent of it is someone's "deep house" or trance mix either. My God, wake up and pull that lollypop out of your mouth you old ass raver ponks.

Dj_4-$hure
06-15-2012, 06:31 PM
I agree. It has been way too quiet around this area.

Ravi Ravs Singh
06-15-2012, 07:36 PM
We need more trolls to get things going.

rchecka
06-15-2012, 08:00 PM

?

Who's trollin'? Let's talk about the reality of what's going on in music forums in general.

g-sep
06-15-2012, 08:18 PM
It doesn't help that 90 percent of it is someone's "deep house" or trance mix either. My God, wake up and pull that lollypop out of your mouth you old ass raver ponks.

I'm sorry that I haven't woken up yet. I'm not gonna turn this into a flame fest but that comment was unnecessary.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

rchecka
06-16-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry that I haven't woken up yet. I'm not gonna turn this into a flame fest but that comment was unnecessary.

It was absolutely necessary that you heard that. Seriously, wake up, yer in the Hip Hop section, we like good music here. Trance and house music haven't produced anything even remotely relevant in over 10 years. Congrats for being the last surviving defender of predictable synth lines and epic builds. Obsolete music like that hasn't produced anything but clones of itself in years, it takes zero talent to mix the shit, and it caters to a dying breed of rediculous post raver late thirty somethings with so much angst they put dick sucking gesture pics as their avatars. Yeah, the lollypop has got to go, and your butt hurt rescue raver tone ain't helping you, so go back to the trance section and bitch about it to the other relics that still dwell happily oblivious of where music has gone in the past decade. Newsflash, there is nothing left to do in that music, it has no soul, it's shit, get over it.

Rek_Aviles
06-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Obsolete music like that hasn't produced anything but clones of itself in years, it takes zero talent to mix the shit,

funny, some people speak about hiphop in the same way.

Sean
06-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Good to see a talk about how to revive things immediately turned into my genre is better than yours :rolleyes:

Personally I spend a lot of time in the mix submissions section, I spend my days at work listening to DJF mixes to show support, but it is true that most threads on there are just "bumps" or posts from 1-post users...

Sean
06-16-2012, 12:39 PM
But wow I just went to check and apart from Nick Bike's mix that is on the first page because he's a legend around DJF, I had to go 6 pages deep to find the 2nd Hip Hop mix in Mix Submissions...
Maybe it is the Hip Hop DJs who need to wake up make/post mixes...

rchecka
06-16-2012, 01:59 PM
funny, some people speak about hiphop in the same way.

I have never heard anyone say that Hip Hop is easy to mix, I'd say it can be one of the more difficult genres to mix properly. Not harder to mix than funk or organic instrument music but 100 times more difficult than 4 on the floor music like house and trance with the most predictable fills known to man.

Good to see a talk about how to revive things immediately turned into my genre is better than yours :rolleyes:

Dude even waltzes and polka are better genres than modern house music and trance. Hell, even disco is more important than house music is today. I'd venture to say that Irish beer drinking music is better than modern house music or trance. Does anyone even produce new trance and music any more besides a few relics grasping for straws? You never hear about those old jet set DJs like Sasha, Oaky and Darren Emmerson, etc. any more because even they moved away from that scene. They recognized that it's all just variations on the same synth chords with different effect processors and there is no human element left. Those who still hang onto that now utterly played out movement are living in the past. Gone are the days of the k-hole and the rave, it's really time to wake up and give the listeners something real, something "now".

Rek_Aviles
06-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I have never heard anyone say that Hip Hop is easy to mix, I'd say it can be one of the more difficult genres to mix properly. Not harder to mix than funk or organic instrument music but 100 times more difficult than 4 on the floor music like house and trance with the most predictable fills known to man.

Maybe its the circles we run with, because ive ran into plenty who have said just that. I'm in that boat, having gotten bored with mixing hiphp, live mashup (vocals other over beats), crowds not really into scratch heavy sets. It got repetitive and boring to me. House music, or EDM in general is way more detailed when mixing, at least when you get more into that genre.

Top40 dance music is formulated in a way to mix in quick and throw a drop so that the crowd doesn't get bored. I'm not a fan of top40 stuff and hardly play it myself.

Again, its all about the scene youre into the most and what excites you and the current hiphop scene or sound doesn't do it for me. Not like it use to, back in the late 90s or early 2000s. For me it's probably because I was always more of a house head than a hiphop fan, but I was heavy into HH at one point.

rchecka
06-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Maybe its the circles we run with, because ive ran into plenty who have said just that. I'm in that boat, having gotten bored with mixing hiphp, live mashup (vocals other over beats), crowds not really into scratch heavy sets. It got repetitive and boring to me. House music, or EDM in general is way more detailed when mixing, at least when you get more into that genre.

Top40 dance music is formulated in a way to mix in quick and throw a drop so that the crowd doesn't get bored. I'm not a fan of top40 stuff and hardly play it myself.

Again, its all about the scene youre into the most and what excites you and the current hiphop scene or sound doesn't do it for me. Not like it use to, back in the late 90s or early 2000s. For me it's probably because I was always more of a house head than a hiphop fan, but I was heavy into HH at one point.

It is the circles we run with as you said because I did the exact opposite thing you did, I gave up on the house and trance scene and stopped buying my last Global Underground Mix in 2001 to switch to Hip Hop. The house movement and ESPECIALLY the trance movement peaked back then, it got so every trance song was a remix of another trance song. I learned to mix with house and trance, switching back to HH was a huge step up for me in terms of mixing. I loved Hip Hop my whole life, but there was a few years when I was focused moreso on that trancey ravy scene that in hindsight seems a bit silly. Not that it was all bad, there is plenty of good house, but it has all been done before. I wouldn't know what a 2012 house record sounds like if it was played for me because 1. It's pretty scarce because no one is buying that shit, and 2, it probably sounds the same as a 2001 house song. My stance is that the movement is dead because there is no more room to grow creatively. If a genre shows no growth it is dead. Trance is worse, it is utterly a caricature of itself in 2012. I can understand making an occasional house mix for throwback 2001 (plastic nipple in your mouth) nostalgic reasons, but you gotta be kidding if that's your specialty.

Hip Hop constantly evolves and changes, big players come and go quickly, it's a young man's game with lots of fresh talent lined up with the next sound. I haven't felt that way about house or trance in over 10 years.

Sigma
06-16-2012, 07:15 PM
I've been into hip-hop since 82 and I think the last few years have been a fucking joke. Yes, there's still good tunes coming out, but you have to sift through a mound of shit to find the occasional gem and it's tiresome. I don't think you can really argue what you guys are arguing though, cos beauty is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder. Some people think that modern hip-hop is the shit, while to me it's just shit. I'm sure there's people into trance saying similar things and there always will be.

g-sep
06-16-2012, 07:46 PM
cos beauty is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder.

This is exactly what I meant by the post I made rchecka. I didn't mean to say "omg yes, everyone should listen to the deepest of the deep trance and house" I just think it was a really broad statement to make about an entire genre of music. I do understand and realize that what I like is almost unchanged since the 90's and that does not bother me what so ever. I also understand that it sucks when you go into the mix submission section and see only edm mix entries by 2-post chumps, when something that you or I have worked on hard gets buried to the bottom.

Funny thing is that I grew up with Hip Hop but I started to lose interest in my teens. If things could go back to that fun Wu-Tang and Onyx type of Hip Hop, I would be all over it. Don't get me wrong, I still listen to some of it that I've gotten over the years but not as heavily as I would like compared to tech house, trance, and jungle.

mr.smashy
06-17-2012, 03:13 AM
This thread is full of fucking fail.

rchecka
06-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Why is it a fail, because you like house and I don't? Sigma, Id argue while its true the last few years haven't been the best years for hip hop, hip hop is still relevant, but house and trance haven't been relevant or even noteworthy in ten years. There is nothing new sounding or creative coming out if those genres. There is no room for growth, its all been done. And only the few relics hanging on to the past here even batted an eyelash when people moved on.

This thread is about forum crickets but I don't care going into a tangent of why house and trance are dead, if you disagree provide a few youtube links of 2012 examples of house and trance that you think is relevant, or sounds even remotely innovative compared to the stuff dropped ten years ago. Ill admit I'm wrong if you can conjure even 5 new songs that don't sound like recycled concepts.

mr.smashy
06-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm not even going to explain the obvious massive fail that is obvious and massive. And for the record, I scratch and used to spin a lot of hip hop, still can and do spin hip hop, and is one of probably two DJs that will put hip hop on Faderwave Radio.

Maybe I'll give you a hint of your massive fail. Your "tangent", while 0 fucks are given, you have been awarded prizes, because it plainly states in the forum rules and regs: "#3 - No insulting/flaming others or their musical tastes or styles. Everyone has a right to his or her own opinions. No style of music is better than the other; no style of music is truer than the other."

rchecka
06-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Alright man, I get it. I also understand why that P.C. rule is necessary too, but for the record I ain't trolling in the house\trance sections. I'm just doing a little real talk about music that is and isn't relevant. You know just as well as I do that no one is gonna lose sleep over anything anyone said about house or trance in the Hip Hop section, and I'm guessing by the number of +reps I got from this thread that many others feel the same way about certain genres having a shorter life span than others. In the end everyone knows all music discussion is just opinion.

I still welcome any evidence that I am wrong by manner of submitting proof in the form of 2012 productions submitted here, if ground breaking house is posted I might even change my stance but I don't have any faith that can be done. And the non-tangent discussion about forums in general is, of course, also welcome here. It is a valid issue.

Atomisk
06-18-2012, 06:05 AM

Get me a signed contract from the admins promising that I won't get banned and I will make this the most active forum on the internet.

rchecka
06-18-2012, 09:57 AM
^LMAO at the self proclaimed James Dean of House music.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/rchecka/ff406bd7.jpg

Boomcie
06-18-2012, 12:24 PM
:lol: wait a minute I spin House too:argh::argh::argh:

Molbster
06-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Rchecka - Have you been living under a rock? The house/electro scene has been making a HUGE surge since 2008. Maybe it is the groups people hang out in, and maybe it's also geographic location, but everything that's being played on the radio has been evolving to a style that's been incorporating elements of modern house music more and more.

I'll agree with you trance is a bit "dead", and by that I mean is is no longer the dominant EDM genre like it was in 2001. But corporate America is trying really hard to cash in on the house, electro house and dubstep. Bud Light had their commercial that featured Avicii's "Levels". Smirnoff features Swedish House Mafia's "Greyhound". Pucker Vodka features Steve Aoki's "Ladi Dadi". The commercial for movie Red Tails and the new Bing commercial feature dubstep songs. M&M's used a LMFAO song. All of these examples by marketing execs is recognition and mirroring of the shift of prominent musical tastes in popular culture. I don't know what radio is like where you're from, but all the "hip hop" stations are either playing more house or at least house/edm inspired songs.

Now if you're the type to not really care about what gets played on mainstream radio (as a lot don't on this forum), that's fine. You're a little bit underground, I understand. But it makes your evaluation of what popular genres are moot. Popular is defined by what the majority of people listen to. In your mind, the EDM scene might be dead, but mainstream society begs to differ.

Boomcie
06-20-2012, 12:03 AM
I'll agree with you trance is a bit "dead", and by that I mean is is no longer the dominant EDM genre like it was in 2001. But corporate America is trying really hard to cash in on the house, electro house and dubstep. Bud Light had their commercial that featured Avicii's "Levels". Smirnoff features Swedish House Mafia's "Greyhound". Pucker Vodka features Steve Aoki's "Ladi Dadi". The commercial for movie Red Tails and the new Bing commercial feature dubstep songs. M&M's used a LMFAO song.

They can have it

rchecka
06-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Rchecka - Have you been living under a rock? The house/electro scene has been making a HUGE surge since 2008. Maybe it is the groups people hang out in, and maybe it's also geographic location, but everything that's being played on the radio has been evolving to a style that's been incorporating elements of modern house music more and more.

I'll agree with you trance is a bit "dead", and by that I mean is is no longer the dominant EDM genre like it was in 2001. But corporate America is trying really hard to cash in on the house, electro house and dubstep. Bud Light had their commercial that featured Avicii's "Levels". Smirnoff features Swedish House Mafia's "Greyhound". Pucker Vodka features Steve Aoki's "Ladi Dadi". The commercial for movie Red Tails and the new Bing commercial feature dubstep songs. M&M's used a LMFAO song. All of these examples by marketing execs is recognition and mirroring of the shift of prominent musical tastes in popular culture. I don't know what radio is like where you're from, but all the "hip hop" stations are either playing more house or at least house/edm inspired songs.

Now if you're the type to not really care about what gets played on mainstream radio (as a lot don't on this forum), that's fine. You're a little bit underground, I understand. But it makes your evaluation of what popular genres are moot. Popular is defined by what the majority of people listen to. In your mind, the EDM scene might be dead, but mainstream society begs to differ.

I never said anything about dubstep or electro. I'm talking specifically about house (and it's multiple variations) and trance (dito). You agree with me that trance is dead, but not house? I have been practically begging for audio\video proof to be posted here in the spirit of debate. Why don't you take a minute and post some new video or audio Youtube links of new house that will disprove me? We live in good times, because this should be easy to do if there's such a groundbreaking huge house scene that I've been sleeping on. I'll admit I'm wrong if it's groundbreakingly cool. I'm not an oak.

They can have it

Exactly. I mean if TV commercials can't make you fall in love with Dubstep on a Roomba commercial then you gotta be living under a rock. Dubstep started falling off as soon as Justin Bieber embraced it, and then worlds collided when Bieber embraced Hip Hop, Lord help us all. Forget I said that, it's another bad tangent.

Molbster
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
They can have it

Don't mistake me for using the word "popular" as a synonym for "good"

I never said anything about dubstep or electro. I'm talking specifically about house (and it's multiple variations) and trance (dito). You agree with me that trance is dead, but not house? I have been practically begging for audio\video proof to be posted here in the spirit of debate. Why don't you take a minute and post some new video or audio Youtube links of new house that will disprove me? We live in good times, because this should be easy to do if there's such a groundbreaking huge house scene that I've been sleeping on. I'll admit I'm wrong if it's groundbreakingly cool. I'm not an oak.

I can sit here and throw links up all day. Does that mean you'll like any of them? Maybe, maybe not. But then again, that's precisely my point. From all of your past posts, I gathered you meant a scene was "dead" because no on listened to it or no one bought albums/songs of that genre. I was trying to show you that house is now as commercially viable as it has ever been. It may not be the best the genre has to offer, but it's a step in the right direction.

What I should have done from the beginning is realize that you meant a genre is "dead" because people making the music aren't doing so in a manner to your liking. I think you're looking for some sort of evolution of the genre like how jazz was a offshoot of blues or how spoken word poetry over music evolved into hip hop. In that sense, no the genre hasn't evolved much, but it doesn't mean it's "dead". So, sorry if the EDM utopia you had envision hasn't panned out yet, at least you still have hip hop to fall back onto. But then again, we don't really know how much time HH has left either since one of it's biggest forums (taking your word for it since i'm clueless on that aspect) just got shut down. That was the original point of this thread right...? :D

rchecka
06-20-2012, 01:54 PM
I can sit here and throw links up all day. Does that mean you'll like any of them? Maybe, maybe not. But then again, that's precisely my point. From all of your past posts, I gathered you meant a scene was "dead" because no on listened to it or no one bought albums/songs of that genre.

I'm not so stubborn that I wouldn't admit to liking something. I'm asking, try me.

I meant "Dead" as in there is no room for creative growth. "Dead" as in, there is little new production going on and of what little new house production that is going on, none of it is evolved, it's recycled concepts with no barriers broken through. Dead as in there's no new sub genres or new movements to rave about, and only hardcore house fans even mix house any more, and when they do, they probably revert to house that's classic or 10 years ago since what's being done today is scarce and it's nothing special.

I was trying to show you that house is now as commercially viable as it has ever been. It may not be the best the genre has to offer, but it's a step in the right direction.

Commercially viable usually means it's dead to the people that knew about it for years. Commercially viable means teens know what it is and tell their parents about it. I don't think it's necessarily a good thing and frankly, I haven't heard one house commercial in forever. Dubstep and IDM maybe, but not house so I think the point you are making is quite a stretch.

I think you're looking for some sort of evolution of the genre like how jazz was a offshoot of blues or how spoken word poetry over music evolved into hip hop. In that sense, no the genre hasn't evolved much, but it doesn't mean it's "dead". So, sorry if the EDM utopia you had envision hasn't panned out yet...

You got it, I expect evolution. If a music is not evolving it is not growing and anything that doesn't grow is dead. This really isn't a complex issue. No growth = dead. If any artist isn't making anything relevant, or new and just recycling old concepts then that artist is not even dropping anything worth getting excited about.

at least you still have hip hop to fall back onto. But then again, we don't really know how much time HH has left either since one of it's biggest forums (taking your word for it since i'm clueless on that aspect) just got shut down. That was the original point of this thread right...? :D

That forum was a small HH forum in comparison to major HH forums, but the event is an indication that many MUSIC forums (in general) are not as hot as they were in the web 1.0 days. It is too small to indicate anything about the world of Hip Hop. People have been saying that Hip Hop is a fad that wont last since the 1980s so for you to propose that in 2012, well over 30 years later, I'd say you don't have a leg to stand on. Even if 2012 isn't Hip Hop's best year ever, there still is relevant players. I have no doubt in the longevity of Hip Hop since it's music that caters to the youth of the streets. As long as people still keep having babies, those babies will grow up to listen to the music that speaks to them. Sigma says this is a shit year for Hip Hop, but Sigma and myself are no spring chickens. Go to a highschool parking lot and you'll hear all kinds of Hip Hop blasting out the speakers. It's crap, cuz it's not "our hip hop" (whatever that means) but those kids would argue otherwise and they are the ones dishing out money for albums. The Hip Hop movement will always be about what's fresh and new, that's the whole point of it, so it will never die EVER. Fresh is INHERENT in Hip Hop, it's the whole point of Hip Hop. And incidentally, subgenres and regionalized Hip Hop sounds keep sprouting off from Hip Hop every month, for better or for worse, it's very alive and well. Bottom line is, anyone who says Hip Hop is dead is (according to hip hop) obsolete and out of touch. Hip Hop isn't trying to please you anymore since you are so old. If it's dead you're old period.

djpenguin
06-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Go to a highschool parking lot and you'll hear all kinds of Hip Hop blasting out the speakers.

Actually, it's mostly dubstep and its related genres these days (and I live in Oakland, one of the epicenters of west-coast hip-hop.) When you do hear hip-hop, it's some dude rapping over a looped sample from an electro house tune, or a looped riff from an old trance tune (castles in the sky, anyone?) or some other collision between hip-hop and dance music.

The fundamental problem with your argument is that it's based in bias. You like hip-hop, so it's new and fresh and evolving and expanding. You don't like EDM, so it's dead and worthless.

Bottom line is, anyone who says Hip Hop is dead is (according to hip hop) obsolete and out of touch.

And the same thing holds true for every genre of music. EDM is dead to you, which means that you're obsolete and out of touch from the standpoint of EDM. As long as a genre still has fans, it's relevant to someone.

rchecka
06-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Actually, it's mostly dubstep and its related genres these days (and I live in Oakland, one of the epicenters of west-coast hip-hop.) When you do hear hip-hop, it's some dude rapping over a looped sample from an electro house tune, or a looped riff from an old trance tune (castles in the sky, anyone?) or some other collision between hip-hop and dance music.

The fundamental problem with your argument is that it's based in bias. You like hip-hop, so it's new and fresh and evolving and expanding. You don't like EDM, so it's dead and worthless.

And the same thing holds true for every genre of music. EDM is dead to you, which means that you're obsolete and out of touch from the standpoint of EDM. As long as a genre still has fans, it's relevant to someone.

Someone please explain to me when EDM became the exact same thing as house music.

Do not misquote me, I love certain dance music, I love techno, for example, I like minimal techno and some of that shit is EDM or IDM if you wanna go down that road.

I say to you I am not even remotely biased I love all genres, even old ass country music. I also like to listen to occasionally certain classic house. Old ass country is dead. House is dead. Yes, I will always love Hip Hop the most, always have, always will, because it's culture is the most interesting and rich and diverse of all genres, but that doesn't mean I'm biased by saying house is dead.

You say you hear dubstep comin out the High School kid's speakers in your area, do you hear house coming out their speakers?
Hip Hop is alive and well with kids because it's trying to relate to urban youth.

Molbster
06-20-2012, 04:52 PM
...It's crap, cuz it's not "our hip hop" (whatever that means) but those kids would argue otherwise and they are the ones dishing out money for albums. The Hip Hop movement will always be about what's fresh and new, that's the whole point of it, so it will never die EVER. Fresh is INHERENT in Hip Hop, it's the whole point of Hip Hop. And incidentally, subgenres and regionalized Hip Hop sounds keep sprouting off from Hip Hop every month, for better or for worse, it's very alive and well. Bottom line is, anyone who says Hip Hop is dead is (according to hip hop) obsolete and out of touch. Hip Hop isn't trying to please you anymore since you are so old. If it's dead you're old period.

Dude, you just proved my point exactly! Replace all instances of "hip hop" with "house" in the quote above, and that is how I think you view the house movement.

No, it's not the Juan Atkins, Derrick May type stuff anymore. The stuff playing now is most definitely not the same stuff you were used to back in 2001. It DID evolve, but just not in a direction you had hoped. Does that mean artists are still doing the exact same things they were 12 years ago? No.

and Penguin is right on too. the under-20 bracket is gravitating more towards dubstep, but the mid to late 20 something-ers are gravitating to what is considered modern house. Yes it's very commercialized, yes a lot of it is cheezy, but it is what it is.

and since you wanted examples so badly, here's some progressive house (a evolved blend of house and trance IMHO). These are the commercial mainstream ones. Do they sound like stuff from 10 years ago?

GtAHzXfwh2g
Tt_uM6wM0S4
bysScAKBoaA

Boomcie
06-20-2012, 10:24 PM
:puke::puke:

Molbster
06-21-2012, 03:50 AM
lol i gave ample warning man. if you thought it was tl;dr and just blindly clicked the links, your fault.

rchecka
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Dude, you just proved my point exactly! Replace all instances of "hip hop" with "house" in the quote above, and that is how I think you view the house movement.

Hmmm... Let's try...

...It's crap, cuz it's not "our HOUSE" (whatever that means) but those kids would argue otherwise and they are the ones dishing out money for albums. The HOUSE movement will always be about what's fresh and new, that's the whole point of it, so it will never die EVER. Fresh is INHERENT in HOUSE, it's the whole point of HOUSE. And incidentally, subgenres and regionalized HOUSE sounds keep sprouting off from HOUSE every month, for better or for worse, it's very alive and well. Bottom line is, anyone who says HOUSE is dead is (according to HOUSE) obsolete and out of touch. HOUSE isn't trying to please you anymore since you are so old. If it's dead you're old period.

No. Just no. None of that shit makes any sense now, it's like morse code or something. House doesn't speak to urban youth, house speaks to late 30 something trying to relive their hazy rave heydays with Redbull instead of Ecstasy cuz they wouldn't want their kids finding out about their drug years.

And yeah, none of that garbage you posted is house either. It's a big waste of time is all. It didn't prove your point or disprove mine, it was simply a flaming bag of turds on my front porch. It's the absolute worst kind of epic trance and I didn't date check any of those links but it sounds exactly like the same shit from 10 years ago only much worse. The kids ain't listening to that shit either BTW, they are into Hip Hop and I'd agree on dubstep and some EDM so don't bother bringing that up again.

Listen, If there are people reading this that truly believes that house isn't dead in 2012 and you actually know what house music is, please holler. I'd really love to debate with real authoritative house heads instead of deflecting dubstep or electro or EDM comments. That stuff aint dead, it still has a presence, so there's no debate there.

Because some don't wanna hear what I'm putting down, lemmie bust out this chart for you. I'm a huge fan of charts and visual learning tools.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/rchecka/ca2aca50.jpg

This is very rudimentary but it is what it is. PLEASE Don't bother getting into how dubstep didn't just come from 2-step but it also came from drum and bass and jungle and dub and techno, I get that too. Don't nit pick the little things, look at the big picture.

I really wish it was a pie chart, pie charts are definitely my favorite kind of chart.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/rchecka/naughty2live.jpg

jazzyj
06-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Define Hip-Hop using Names of Hip-Hop Artists.

rchecka
06-21-2012, 11:22 AM
^?

Clarify.

jazzyj
06-21-2012, 11:25 AM
^?

Clarify.

What Artists do you believe actually produce Hip-Hop music?

rchecka
06-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Dude that's a long list even if you are only including rappers. Forget about the beatmakers and graf artists that encompass Hip Hop, just the rappers alone would take up 100 pages.
Where are you going with this, what's the point?

jazzyj
06-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Dude that's a long list even if you are only including rappers. Forget about the beatmakers and graf artists that encompass Hip Hop, just the rappers alone would take up 100 pages.
Where are you going with this, what's the point?

Name your top 5.

rchecka
06-21-2012, 12:12 PM
OK, I'll bite. Here's my top 5 rappers that I'm feeling right now, only because they are fresh in my mind after hearing em recently. This is not my all time top 5, just some relevant rappers I have been feeling lately. All of em are still dropping music on the regular.

Big K.R.I.T.
Ghostface
Roc Marciano
OC
Oddisee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RgopVOg2ifk

^Watch that one, it's good.

jazzyj
06-21-2012, 12:54 PM
OK, I'll bite. Here's my top 5 rappers that I'm feeling right now, only because they are fresh in my mind after hearing em recently. This is not my all time top 5, just some relevant rappers I have been feeling lately. All of em are still dropping music on the regular.

Big K.R.I.T.
Ghostface
Roc Marciano
OC
Oddisee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RgopVOg2ifk

^Watch that one, it's good.

Ok. 5char.

Molbster
06-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Ok. well then based off of your narrow definitions of how a genre is dead that has been influenced by your also narrow perception of the scene and your disconnect from mainstream culture, then yes, house and trance are "dead".

rchecka
06-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Ok. well then based off of your narrow definitions of how a genre is dead that has been influenced by your also narrow perception of the scene and your disconnect from mainstream culture, then yes, house and trance are "dead".

No offense dude, but coming from someone that doesn't know what house even is, that doesn't hold water. Post some real house video links, none of that horrible scorched porch turd vids, then we can get into it.

And no, my definition (the chart) is broad, not narrow, that's the point. Sure, lines are gray, but if you squint your eyes they become black and white. Your trying to ignore the parent label's definition. Your point is house might live on thru some God forsaken cross mutation with other genres but at some point it's no longer house. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck then it's probably a duck. But If the duck evolves into a flying pig with super sharp talons then it's not a duck any more.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dstURApxXG0/ThfkT25oLTI/AAAAAAAABUE/CC4YqVJ1yPI/s640/chickens_talons.jpg

Your saying house has lived on through it's evil mutated test tube baby step-children, I'm saying show me the duck without talons or a snout.

Boomcie
06-21-2012, 07:24 PM
This is House dammit!!! Nothing new, but Kerri Chandler is the man and he can do no wrong!!

http://youtu.be/J6zcvkXq_70

Boomcie
06-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Now here's the question of the day. Why are we discussing House? This is the HipHop forum :argh:

rchecka
06-22-2012, 07:07 PM
That is definitely house. And you're right Boomcie, that shit had soul.
But as you pointed out, it's not that new.

Now here's the question of the day. Why are we discussing House? This is the HipHop forum :argh:

Large talons.

rchecka
07-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Now THIS (http://music-selections.com/house-music/a-refreshing-disco-mix-for-your-summer/) is a house mix. This shit is blowing up my speakers again.

I'm not sure how to embed this mixcrate mix so I'll link you to the page

http://www.mixcloud.com/musicselections/jopparelli-witness-the-freshness-a-summer-disco-mix/

Not just house either they throw in all flavors of disco and classics redone. I'd love to hear this kind of shit in a club.

ArtofHipHop
09-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Agreed, Art Of HipHop is a music website where HipHop resides. With music, videos, rumors, news and the latest rap news (http://artofhiphop.com/) in the music world this site is the place to be.